Dark Souls 2 NG++

if you've got no magic ,you at least need a bow. Every character I ever built has a bow in stock.

I went through the entire game with no bow, magic etc... and upgrading only 4 attributes (Str, Adapt, Vit and Endurance). I had planned to just be really effective at one strategy and It wasn't too bad for the most part. Pancaking each mob made most areas pretty easy. The high HP allowed me to eat some range shots to close gaps if I needed to. Bosses were a little harder because I had zero range and I couldn't break their poise so I was vulnerable after many attacks. I also didn't fight Darklurker which seems to be the toughest boss for pure melee. It was dog shit for PVP.

I will say that the DLC would have been a real headache without any ranged weapons, though. I've since respecced to a Int+Faith based character with a +5 Black Knight Great Sword infused with fire and I'm flying through NG+ way easier than I did NG with my limited build. Dark Orb seems, to me, to be the best projectile in the entire game. I want to use pyro but it really makes no sense unless an enemy is weak to fire. Dark Orb is faster, hits harder and has more spells.

Dark orb is what I use ,now that the miracles have been vastly weakened. 20 casts is good value and deals good damage .

Dark orb is what I use ,now that the miracles have been vastly weakened. 20 casts is good value and deals good damage .

Yeah I think I've got it up to 27 casts. With the right gear you can get the casting speed so low that it's almost boringly effective. I'm still early in NG+ (just cleared Fallen Giants and Heide's) so I know tougher fights are ahead but at this point I feel guilty using Dark Orb.

Yeah I think I've got it up to 27 casts. With the right gear you can get the casting speed so low that it's almost boringly effective. I'm still early in NG+ (just cleared Fallen Giants and Heide's) so I know tougher fights are ahead but at this point I feel guilty using Dark Orb.

It can be boring. Not as fun as using the miracles..
scraps of life is another hex that can be useful . also low stats demand.

It can be boring. Not as fun as using the miracles..
scraps of life is another hex that can be useful . also low stats demand.

Did they nerf great resonate soul? I see a bunch of old videos that basically has it being OP.

Did they nerf great resonate soul? I see a bunch of old videos that basically has it being OP.

yeah they weakened it in a recent patch..
I used it and the problem was you didnt get many casts and it wasnt powerful enough to justify using the slots IMO. The regular resonate soul was something I used .

I think I stayed in NG for too long. My soul memory is 4.4 million and I'm flying through NG+ without much resistance and I've been wrecking most invaders/sentinels. I need to get a few seed of giants, though, because I fell for a rooking tactic of chasing a guy I had crushed into a hidden mob and got trapped.

i downloaded the dlc but when i logged into the game there wasnt a frozen flower in my inventory. Anyone know how to fix this? Im on ps3.

Well I beat Aava and the Burnt Ivory King last night. Now that's how a boss fight should be! I loved the setting of Old Chaos and the buildup to the King's arrival.

I actually beat him on the first try because I was matched up with two really excellent players. We beat him even with only one of those Loyce nights (I never knew about them ahead of time so I didn't go looking for them to help with the fight.

So how do I go about collecting these Loyce souls? Do I just farm them in Old Chaos? Will gold serpent ring increase my chances of them dropping?

Well I beat Aava and the Burnt Ivory King last night. Now that's how a boss fight should be! I loved the setting of Old Chaos and the buildup to the King's arrival.

I actually beat him on the first try because I was matched up with two really excellent players. We beat him even with only one of those Loyce nights (I never knew about them ahead of time so I didn't go looking for them to help with the fight.

So how do I go about collecting these Loyce souls? Do I just farm them in Old Chaos? Will gold serpent ring increase my chances of them dropping?

You'll have to be summoned by people, since eventually they will rarely spawn when you go down there. I used the covetous ring, prisoner's tatters, jesters helmet and used up my coins to farm loyce souls and it still took a long time.

You don't get anything great for doing it, just dialogue with that oracle, her soul, unburnt Loyce armor set and I think you can buy the Ivory King set from the armor shop guy.

Crown of the Ivory King DLC is pretty grindy. After beating Burnt Ivory King I still had to find the 4th and 5th bonfires, plus I for completions sake I wanted to find all the Knights (I didn't have them for the boss fight because I didn't know about them). Some hard shit.

Around the third and fifth bonfires I can sort of hear "something" that sounds big or scary, but I'm not sure what it is. Is that the last two bosses I'm hearing out in the firgid outskirts? Or is there some else making that noise? I can't figure it out. Anyone know?

Fucking Christ, dat frigid outskirts! Took me dozens of attempts to make it to the fog door only to get smashed instantly by the boss. Damn it.

Haven't played ivory king yet. Will probably start it up next week.

Well I did it, I beat Lud and Zallen on NG+. Not sure what to do now. There's not really anything left for me to do other than try and collect 50 loyce souls if I want to bother.

Other than that, I guess I could try to level up the covenants that I haven't maxed out yet like the ratbros, dragonbros, blood bros, and sentinel bros.

I hope they come out with a 4th DLC (and beyond maybe??) I want more Dark Souls, but I don't know if I've got a playthrough of NG++ in me.

Well I did it, I beat Lud and Zallen on NG+. Not sure what to do now. There's not really anything left for me to do other than try and collect 50 loyce souls if I want to bother.

Other than that, I guess I could try to level up the covenants that I haven't maxed out yet like the ratbros, dragonbros, blood bros, and sentinel bros.

I hope they come out with a 4th DLC (and beyond maybe??) I want more Dark Souls, but I don't know if I've got a playthrough of NG++ in me.

I hear you. I'm at harvest valley in my NG+ play through and I'm running out of steam and finding myself just pushing through as fast as possible. I want to get a few spells I missed in NG, finish Ivory King and then hopefully by then a new DLC will be announced. With Bloodborne coming out in a few months I'd be happy to just get one more DS dlc.

I need to defeat the bosses in Shulva and push thru in Brume. Just kind of hit a block due to picking up a few games on steam. I want to clear the DLC and then do a NG+ run for the first time

I don't have a ps4 so no blood borne for me, or that new game, Lords of the Fallen or whatever. I have dragons dogma however, I might give that a go next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back