Darren Till Claims He Can Beat Anthony Joshua In A Fight

2. Oh you mean fights like the one between WBO HW champ Mercer and Bonjasky, where Mercer gave up 10 seconds in after a single leg kick? That one?

Yeah, that's objectively a better example of how well pro boxer can deal with unknown elements, like leg kicks.<45>

Boxers do better when they're not 45 YO like Mercer, Botha beat Jerome, Aerts and went to a decision with Bonjasky in his first year as a kick boxer.

Even Mercer went to a decision with Musashi, and these guys would kill Till in a stand up fight.

Till, just like 99% of MMA fighters is levels below serious boxers when it comes to athleticism, movement and punching. None of these guys would be fighting for peanuts in UFC if they could do anything significant in boxing. I'm an MMA fan, but not a delusional one. Some people have no sense of reality.

Boxers do better when they're not 45 YO like Mercer, Botha beat Jerome, Aerts and went to a decision with Bonjasky in his first year as a kick boxer.

Even Mercer went to a decision with Musashi, and these guys would kill Till in a stand up fight.

....and the Francois Botha example comes, like fucking clockwork.

<36>

News flash: Botha had extensive kickboxing training, and well over a dozen kickboxing fights that spanned over a decade.

If you want to talk about AJ's chances against Till if he takes up other aspects of MMA seriously for say a year, we can have a separate discussion, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Wow, so much talk about this nonsense. It's all hypothetical and depends on if Joshua has few months to train MMA or nor

....and the Francois Botha example comes, like fucking clockwork.

<36>

News flash: Botha had extensive kickboxing training, and well over a dozen kickboxing fights that spanned over a decade.

If you want to talk about AJ's chances against Till if he takes up other aspects of MMA seriously for say a year, we can have a separate discussion, but that's not what we're talking about here.
I dunno what sport you think this is. But bob frigging Sapp was an absolute beast when he actually took shit seriously. And he knew shit.

Joshua is 6,6 250 and ripped to shreds. And is also one of the best heavy weight boxers on the planet. And in his prime.

News flash: Botha had extensive kickboxing training

Source? He fought for the WBO title in 2002 and had his first K1 fight in 2003.

and well over a dozen kickboxing fights that spanned over a decade.

What do you mean?

He went to a decision vs Bonjasky and beat LeBanner and Aerts in his first ten months in K1.

I'm not talking about neither.

It wasn't "real" because Inoki wasn't allowed to grapple or kick unless one knee was on the ground. The damage he did to Ali's legs was absolutely real and affected him the rest of his career.
Exactly

1. Someone claimed Till would have a hard time grappling AJ due to the size difference despite the skill difference. The Mir example shows that to be completely false. You've managed to completely missed the point of my example, as well as the discussion I was having before barging in.

2. Oh you mean fights like the one between WBO HW champ Mercer and Bonjasky, where Mercer gave up 10 seconds in after a single leg kick? That one?

Yeah, that's objectively a better example of how well pro boxer can deal with unknown elements, like leg kicks.<45>

3. You didn't answer the question, so I'll ask again: who's more dangerous in a fight: Till with his full arsenal, or Inoki who isn't allowed to grapple or kick while standing?

4&5. Again, answer my question: has AJ ever dealt with leg kicks? Has he countered leg kicks? Does he know how to check them? Ray Mercer took one glancing kick and noped the fuck out of that fight, and Till is a high level MMA fighter who can kick and grapple, areas of fighting AJ has no clue about.

That Mercer fight is way better than you carrying on about Inoki, I'll give you that. The two examples cancel each other out because on one hand you have an out of shape Mercer facing a high level kickboxer, where mine is an in shape Briggs facing a kickboxing can. Remy is also 6'4, 240 and way more skilled than Till. It also does not negate my example of a boxer's ability to absorb leg damage. Right now it stands at 5 for Briggs and 15 rounds for Ali.

Strongly reconsider if you think Till is landing a head kick on 6'6 AJ on a non-matted surface. His balance would be seriously compromised. Again though Till himself doesn't believe he could do that, so I don't know why you stubbornly persist with these poor examples. If you've ever trained or fought in your life, I'm sure that you've messed around throwing kicks on concrete littered with pebbles, or grass. Both surfaces are less than ideal.

I never claimed AJ dealt with leg kicks and I've been clear from the very first post how many I believe is a reasonable amount he can take. FIVE. Let's be conservative and say 3. That's three time Darren Till plants and gives an opportunity to be countered. You like to go on and on about size, well here's a prime instance where that size will absolutely undoubtedly be felt when AJ connects with a punch on the much smaller man's welterweight skull.

The true argument here and the only one that should be discussed is if Till can dive for that single leg. If AJ springs back 2 feet, Till is now resetting or crawling on the ground towards him. Very awkward situation that leaves him vulnerable. If he fails to lock in the cleanest single of his life, that he initiates immediately upon this combat situation starting, he will be laid out. Since we've never seen Till do anything like this, there's a reasonable amount of doubt that he can. Because anyone with common sense and training/fighting experience knows that standing he will get flat lined.

Your posts consistently disregard things like distance control, countering ability, footwork, athleticism, massive size disparity, and large strength gaps. Not to mention underrating the current elite, in his prime champ being able to land a punch (his specialty) on a decent MT striker like Till who (in your examples) will be throwing kicks. I don't think there is anything more to say that hasn't been said already. This is reaching high levels of delusion.

Then it goes in endless circles about TILL>>INOKI>>ALI>>AJ

It's literally the equivalent of saying CONOR>LAWLER because Conor>Eddie>RDA>Robbie.

I thought it was universally agreed upon that mmath is unreliable.

Of course he could. There are fucking 140lb wrestlers would could take Joshua down at will. This is laughable. My god the delusion of people who have never trained.

Eriksson vs Shannon Briggs is a decent one to watch to see what happens when you pelt a world class boxer with leg kicks.

And Eriksson is fucking huge..

Spoiler. It just pisses the world class pro boxers off.

Funny. A 170 pound MMA fighter who pretty much only uses boxing is going beat up the most dangerous HW boxer in the world, who is like almost a foot taller than him and outweighs him by like 70 pounds? Till's head is getting a little big. Needs to be humbled a bit.

Funny. A 170 pound MMA fighter who pretty much only uses boxing is going beat up the most dangerous HW boxer in the world, who is like almost a foot taller than him and outweighs him by like 70 pounds? Till's head is getting a little big. Needs to be humbled a bit.
But people are saying we haven't learned from ufc 1! Remeber those world class athletes at ufc 1?

Yea me neither.

250 6,6 ripped beast, world class athlete vs dude that fights at 170 and has cerrone as best win on his record.

when you tell me tj dillishaw beats Anthony Joshua I can't take you even a little serious

Guy said TJ Dillashaw, Why not take up a notch & say Mighty Mouse can destroy Anthony Joshua as well since we're going there

giphy.gif

People underestimate boxers reflexes and strength. Sure if Till gets Joshua to the ground it would be bad for Joshua.

But people dont realize how big, athletic and strong Joshua is and how fast he is for a big dude. Till could get fucked up while attempting to get Joshua down.

Guy said TJ Dillashaw, Why not take up a notch & say Mighty Mouse can destroy Anthony Joshua as well since we're going there

giphy.gif
Yea mighty mouse could beat Joshua. He's got way better jitz and could totally pull off a submission.

If they fought today, no training camp, Till takes out Joshua legs with 1 leg kick. You're overestimating the effectiveness of boxing & the skills of boxers. Boxing isn't fighting, i'd put my $ on even 135lb fighters over hw boxers. TJ Dillashaw beats Anthony Joshua right now if they fought & it's not even close.

Wow the delusion in this post. Joshua is not a regular dude. He is not a fat dude who just lays on the couch. The guy is athletic as fuck and trains to punch people.

You honestly think a dude that athletic and big and fights for a living is not going to mangle a guy who weighs 100 lbs less than him?

You obviously have never fought or been in any kind of gym. This aint the movie bro. Dillashaw aint Jackie Chan

Back