Media Darren Till "Promises" He WILL Win UFC Title In Near Future - Will Fight At 205

Till is frustrating. At his best, he looks like he might be an elite fighter (at least an elite striker--his TDD was usually bad). But he was inconsistent and his late career skid (losing 5 of 6 fights) will be extremely hard to rebound from.

Costa might be an interesting opponent. If Sean beats him, he'll be 1-4 in his last 5 fights. Like Till, he's shown flashes of being a really good fighter here and there, but no consistency.
Till needs a massive step down in competition, the problem is he got all these big fights he didn't deserve because the UFC was desperate for another UK star. And you're suggesting another big name in Costa. Till got cut, he needs a few fights against decent but not great competition. Treat him like Kevin Holland, let him fight average competition and every once in a while give him a chance at a big name. That's what has kept Holland at 10-15 ranking compared to Darren Hill being 1-5 and cut from the promotion.

Till needs a massive step down in competition, the problem is he got all these big fights he didn't deserve because the UFC was desperate for another UK star. And you're suggesting another big name in Costa. Till got cut, he needs a few fights against decent but not great competition. Treat him like Kevin Holland, let him fight average competition and every once in a while give him a chance at a big name.
I don't think Costa should be a big name either; nor do I think he deserved Strickland. We're talking about a guy who hasn't finished anyone in 6 years and whose only win since 2019 was a ho-hum UD over a fossilized Rockhold.

You're probably right about Till fighting low-level competition first, maybe even in a small org. But at 31 with cage rust, time isn't on his side. He's similar to those other "forever young" prospects like Kevin Lee and Erick Silva who suddenly weren't so young any more and at some point didn't have another 5-10 years to refine their game.

Isn't Perreira champ at 205?? Interesting.

until he learns to not panic when he’s taken down, and try skipping a bunch of steps you need to take in the process of standing back up I highly doubt it. He gets taken down too easily, and gives up position too easily trying to force standing back up

You highly doubt he becomes a UFC champion? Understatement of the year <lmao>

I highly doubt he even wins another fight in the UFC.

But as he's talking boxing, I'd like for him to fight Beterbiev next, maybe as a rehab tune up for Bivol.

<{jackyeah}>

Mike Perry is waiting for him, did he addressed the callout?

At least his delusion comes from memories, Till never won shit, his biggest contribution to MMA is starting Masvidal's run to fame.

Exactly, it's pure unadulterated delusion.

The guy got a huge undeserved push and hypetrain from the UFC, based on almost nothing.

He become one of the most overrated fighters in UFC history, a bit like the Broner of MMA. A big mouth tool, shouting from the rooftops about how great he is, while getting whupped by every elite fighter he faced.

At least Wideboy was actually elite, and a champion, having beaten an ATG champion to get there.

I don't think Costa should be a big name either; nor do I think he deserved Strickland. We're talking about a guy who hasn't finished anyone in 6 years and whose only win since 2019 was a ho-hum UD over a fossilized Rockhold.

You're probably right about Till fighting low-level competition first, maybe even in a small org. But at 31 with cage rust, time isn't on his side. He's similar to those other "forever young" prospects like Kevin Lee and Erick Silva who suddenly weren't so young any more and at some point didn't have another 5-10 years to refine their game.

You can argue Costa doesn't deserve his ranking but at the end of the day he's still ranked, a big name in the division, and made a good accounting of himself against Whittaker. Till is 1-6 for fucks sake, he doesn't deserve that and his career doesn't need that.

it would be pointless to bring him back for a chance to be 1-7. And if he happened to win, what then? Bigger names that he doesn't deserve so he can go 0-3 again and cut? Till's career needs a complete reset. He's really no better of a fighter than Kevin Holland is, but you see how Holland gets normal matchups most of the time instead of being pushed up the rankings? It's career mismanagement to keep giving Till these undeserved opportunities. Let him be a normal fighter and earn his way back up.

But as he's talking boxing, I'd like for him to fight Beterbiev next, maybe as a rehab tune up for Bivol.

<{jackyeah}>
Not the Jake Paul-Tyon winner? Maybe he should fight Rockhold in Karate Combat before he makes any other big plans.

I'd love to see it. If Masvidal was capable of knocking him TFO just imagine what Pereira would do :D
Maybe Till-MVP if Page is willing to fight at 185. I don't think Till will ever starve down to 170 again.

Maybe Till-MVP if Page is willing to fight at 185. I don't think Till will ever starve down to 170 again.

MVP is fighting Ian Garry next I think.

MVP is fighting Ian Garry next I think.
It's pretty much guaranteed neither MVP or Till would go for a TD, so both would like that aspect. Although I think MVP once turned into a D1 wrestler....maybe against Paul Daley?

You highly doubt he becomes a UFC champion? Understatement of the year <lmao>

I highly doubt he even wins another fight in the UFC.

<{jackyeah}>
I don’t want to dismiss it out of hand :p. There was a time I would have said that about Robbie lawler too and I would have been wrong. But yes faaaaar chance for ole Darren

Hasn’t won an mma fight in approaching 5 years, should probably work on that first

A lot of folks in this thread will be eating crow once Darren "The Gorilla" Till returns and bodies 4 lads in a row before taking the strap.

Dazza Till Warwagon 2024 LET'S GO!

Back