• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dave Chappelle: Sticks and Stones

I actually agree with some of what the dude on the right was saying though.
At least in the last couple shows, Dave does have a habit of rehashing the controversy from the last show. You only got like 50 mins to talk brah, how about some new topics? There's plenty of shit that's going on in the world, and we're still talking about Michael Jackson and R Kelly.

He brought them up because the two documentaries came out at the time he was creating his material. They were highly relevant. It would've been odd for him not to talk about it.

He brought them up because the two documentaries came out at the time he was creating his material. They were highly relevant. It would've been odd for him not to talk about it.
I know. I almost was going to mention that point myself, that there were documentaries, but with or without the documentary, the point stil stands that it wouldve been nice to hear him talk about some other stuff. A mention wouldve been ok, but i could've done without them.
I don't want the next special to be talking about this special and then that leads to rehashing tranny and Michael pedo jokes.

People are pissed off at Dave Chappelle.

Understandably so:

Fuck those people. Their hurt feelings don't justify a damn thing, and no, he didn't go "too far". Comedy is meaningless by design if it doesn't push boundaries.

Toughen up, buttercups.

We really did. His delivery couldn't save the fact that bit was basically just him repeating what happened.

And I didn't mean 'we' like you and me. You weren't there.

But those of is in the thread made all those jokes and we weren't the only ones. He didn't add a unique point of view, he just made the obvious jokes.

what?

you think you can do jokes like Dave Chappelle in front of a live audience???

Someone give this fuckin' armchair comedian a mike and let him do his thing...

LOL.

I think it's just fame
The guy did a black white supremacist skit (i believe one of the first ever on The Chappelle's Show), in which the whitest TV announcer ever said the immortal line "When asked why he divorced his wife of over 20 years, he simply replied: because she was a ******** lover" and people laughed their asses off

For comparison i think Andrew Schulz goes harder/says more offensive things and he also does just fine now on the scene.

LOL at getting pissed at a comedian for telling jokes

Seriously.....it's like tuning into Fox News and getting pissed that they are talking from a conservative point of view.....or tuning into CNN and getting pissed that they rip on Republicans. Comedians tell jokes and a lot of the jokes are offensive.

I remember Rogan put it very well one time when toward the end of his hour Mr. Rogan exclaimed, “Hey you fucks—these are just jokes!” In other words, calm the fuck down people. This isn't meant to be serious.

I think it's just fame
The guy did a black white supremacist skit (i believe one of the first ever on The Chappelle's Show), in which the whitest TV announcer ever said the immortal line "When asked why he divorced his wife of over 20 years, he simply replied: because she was a ******** lover" and people laughed their asses off

For comparison i think Andrew Schulz goes harder/says more offensive things and he also does just fine now on the scene.

LOL - So true about his skits. He basically went on and had a "racial draft" and make fun of crackheads with Tyrone Biggums and Ashy Larry. He glamouzied pimps, made an R. Kelly pee on you skit, a white family named ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:r" family, etc. People loved it. He tells a few jokes of LGBT and Michael Jackson and people flip their lid?
I cannot stop pussified America anymore. The special was frickin' hilarious. The haters can't see beyond their want to be offended. They can't see he's telling jokes to ease the tension, to point out issues, to make people laugh, to make money.

this show has a 99% viewer rating on rotten tomatoes and a 38% critic rating

this show has a 99% viewer rating on rotten tomatoes and a 38% critic rating

I think it's ridiculous that people get paid to review shit as a profession. Reminds me of the YELP episode of South Park.

Fuck those people. Their hurt feelings don't justify a damn thing, and no, he didn't go "too far". Comedy is meaningless by design if it doesn't push boundaries.

Toughen up, buttercups.

It was honestly refreshing how much he didn't give a fuck. Also that crowd was laughing it up.

I keep watching the Jussie bit on yt

Lol critic score on RT is 38 and public is 99

And still growing. It might just set a record for disparity between audience and critics.

It never ceases to amaze me though. Look at the pictures linked with some of the negative reviews. Exactly how you imagined them to look like.

Dave is one of the few people on earth who can make me tear up laughing. Sticks and Stones was no exception. Is it his greatest work? Maybe not. Is it better than 99.9% of comedy out there? You bet your ass. But I'm not surprised to hear that the same people who thought Nanette was brilliant and the future of comedy are not into Dave's special. Fuck em!

And still growing. It might just set a record for disparity between audience and critics.

It never ceases to amaze me though. Look at the pictures linked with some of the negative reviews. Exactly how you imagined them to look like.
that's actually been the funniest part of the whole thing

the bios/pics of the people giving bad reviews

Man I was so offended. Yeah, I clicked on his face but I thought it was 2$hort.

Back