DC: "I will fight Shogun, then I will fight Brock Lesnar"

who wins

• Total voters
What, at heavyweight? There's no way DC is making 205 again.

DC has very little time left, he said his plan is to retire before 40. He's basically cleared out LHW (aside from Jones, who may be out for 4 yrs). At HW, in a ideal world it would be Volkov or Blaydes, based on merit. I don't blame him for wanting a big money fight, Lesnar is the biggest PPV draw in the heavier weight divisions (Conor is the biggest draw but is a LW/FW)

DC has a fractured hand.
Sadly, if he has to wait until Jan 2019 on doctors orders, there really is only one more fight for him and that'll end up being Brock Lesnar.
Most of the UFC title scenes are depressing. The fights are still there and the talent will always be there, but the constant ducking, bargaining, politics, vacating, weight missing and barely defending once a year makes title defences in UFC shite.

49-46 DC

DC already took that trash out.

Shogun is a legend and should get to retire off a TS like Hendo.

Gus needs to focus on not getting slept by Volkan.

I thought it was 48-47 Gus and the same number of judges agreed with me on that score as agreed with you on the 49-46 Cormier score.

It was a close fight and could have gone either way.

If you want to say that Cormier shouldn't fight guys that he's already fought, that's a fair argument to make, but to say that Shogun deserves a title shot is dumb.

Latifi, OSP, and Jan all deserve a title shot more than Shogun, but none of those guys have the tools to beat DC like Gus has.

Apart from getting a mild serotonin hit that inevitably comes as a follow-up to watching real fighters beat up fake fighters who give the sport a bad name - I have literally zero interest in watching Cormier fight Lesnar.

Shogun fight? Again, not interested...for different reasons, though.

But hey, DC has earned it. He can fight whomever he wants.

DC blew out his back bulking to 245. He needs to let his body get used to the weight now.

If he cuts to 205 again and then bulks up again within a 6-12 month timespan, his body is going to be FUBAR.

Very bad idea.

Bulking to 242?What do you think he trains at everyday 205?He didn't bulk to 242 he didn't have to diet so hard the last few weeks and cut water weight at the end.His body is going to be fubar by competing at the weight he trains at everyday?Your post,like almost every other one you make, makes no sense.

Bulking to 242?What do you think he trains at everyday 205?He didn't bulk to 242 he didn't have to diet so hard the last few weeks and cut water weight at the end.His body is going to be fubar by competing at the weight he trains at everyday?Your post,like almost every other one you make, makes no sense.
He weighed 247 and normally weighs ~220. He was 230 his last days at HW. His support structures: tendons, ligaments, bones, and stabilizing muscles all adapted to that 220 lb frame. That's why he blew out his back during training camp for Stipe. He didn't train every day. He spent weeks of this training camp sitting on a couch because the extra weight injured him. He talked about it in recent interviews when discussing what effect the extra weight had on him.

Right now, he can either let his body adapt to his HW size or he can fuck it up by jumping around in weight and blow out his back again or worse (like completely tearing an ACL on one of his knees that's already partially torn and that he already needs surgery on and is just waiting until retirement to get).

actually he said he was a little big bigger and that took its tool in his body, leading to having back problems and canceling some EA appearance he had to do or something. but yeah, he's just a little bit heavier

Shogun would retire and be concussed if he fights dc. Dc would destroy him

how many heads would explode if Shogun ended up KO'ing Cormier as easy as Cormier KO'd Stipe?

"I want a non risky payday so I don't lose the Brock fight"

First the eye poked, now picking the easiest fight... Man, I keep losing respect for the dude.

I thought it was 48-47 Gus and the same number of judges agreed with me on that score as agreed with you on the 49-46 Cormier score.

It was a close fight and could have gone either way.

If you want to say that Cormier shouldn't fight guys that he's already fought, that's a fair argument to make, but to say that Shogun deserves a title shot is dumb.

Latifi, OSP, and Jan all deserve a title shot more than Shogun, but none of those guys have the tools to beat DC like Gus has.
If Shogun gets to 5-0 plus with his background already cemented in history he gets the nod over the people who you mentioned.

The UFC is becoming sad.

DC is coming off his biggest win and a legit champ vs. champ clash that had a spectacular finish (and was a great fight while it lasted).

Within 30 seconds of the win I had to watch some ridiculous pro-wrasslin' posing with Brock, be told that the next HW fight will be against a guy who isn't really an MMA fighter anymore and failed a drug test the last time he did fight and that the next 205 title could involve a guy who hasn't been championship material in at least 5 years

no wonder I don't watch the UFC as much anymore.

Back