DC lifting Stipe in the air

There’s some thought you have to put into how to put him down so you end up in a dominant position. Specially since it was such an awkward position to begin with, while Stipe was all the way down DC’s back. You can see DC puts him down once Stipe attempted to adjust from there. Watch again.

Obviously this. He couldn't flip him forward due to the way Stipe was hanging. Couldn't dropping backwards as there was a risk Stipe could let go if he did and scramble up. Had to wait for Stipe to make a move, which he did.

As a Stipe fan, I must say that was pretty impressive and fun to watch.

Obviously this. He couldn't flip him forward due to the way Stipe was hanging. Couldn't dropping backwards as there was a risk Stipe could let go if he did and scramble up. Had to wait for Stipe to make a move, which he did.

Glad someone noticed that. Sometimes “hardcore” mma fans on sherdog don’t know what they are seeing.

I think that this could potentially be the moment where DC started ignoring his game plan. He got a flashy slam in, and with that, he possibly could've started being too confident, and kept trying to get a flashy finish in instead of continuing with his gameplan.

There was another fight I think on the Prelims where it happened, and held him up for an unusual amount of time.

Too bad DC blew his whole cardio for this moment. Watch the fight after they get up from that takedown later. Sloppy, gassed and no defense DC for the next 3 rounds.

He will be back, because most fighters never retire when they should.
DC is a very smart individual and hasn’t taken a ton of damage .. but I can’t see him retiring with a loss like that . You don’t want to retire with a what if like that hanging over your mind and coming back later in a worst condition etc especially at his age and weight

sGfsjgL.jpg

DC is a very smart individual and hasn’t taken a ton of damage .. but I can’t see him retiring with a loss like that . You don’t want to retire with a what if like that hanging over your mind and coming back later in a worst condition etc especially at his age and weight

I hope he retires. He has nothing to prove.

Back