DC outclassed Stipe. But gassed.

Coming into this second one, regardless of skill set, I was hoping for DC to be KO'd. He got a little too high on himself imo, calling himself the greatest of all time when he's not even the best of his generation.

The line that made me gag was "When it’s all said and done, if there’s a Mount Rushmore in mixed martial arts, I should be on it”. But it also made me oddly happy, because I figured that if any sentence could prod the MMA Gods to wreak instant punishment of a fighter's hubris, that would be it.

To be honest it was a one sided fight for the majority of it, Stipe was getting his ass whooped, and then he won lol.

Dc only won the first fight because Stipe got knocked out.

See how stupid that sounds?

Then he should've picked his shots better like Stipe did.

Gassed? How about repeatedly punched in the breadbasket? It’s unbelievable how many people think people “gas!” Do me a favor all you “gassing” folks. Ask your buddy to punch you in the gut or the face. Then tell me how you gassed lol

Maybe he should have came into the fight without his belly hanging over his shorts? I don’t know how many calories you have to consume daily to look like that as a professional fighter but it has to be a lot.

Poor excuse for a loss imo.
It's pretty crazy to think about. Michael Phelps said he ate 10,000+ calories a day when he was competing and he was shredded as all hell.

The line that made me gag was "When it’s all said and done, if there’s a Mount Rushmore in mixed martial arts, I should be on it”. But it also made me oddly happy, because I figured that if any sentence could prod the MMA Gods to wreak instant punishment of a fighter's hubris, that would be it.

he's one of the best to ever do it but he's not the best HW ever nor the best LHW ever. He's not even #2 in both categories.

A lot of people on here are stupid though and they think all time rankings are based on "talent" instead of resume. DC's resume at HW is good, but not great, and his resume at LHW is also good, but not great.

DC's strategy:

tenor.gif

Stipe's:

giphy.gif

+

giphy.gif

I like DC but the fanboys gotta get over it. He never outclassed Stipe. The tide was fully turning by round 3 and Stipe still had a lot of success in round 2. Cardio is part of the game. Maybe Cormier shouldn't eat 55 body shots next time.
I agree , those massive body shots, how many was there ? 10? would have knocked the breath out of DC. DC also needs to keep his hands up and have some head movement. In I think the second or 3rd round ( cant quite remember) Stipe let of 2 beauties into DC's unprotected head , personally I think that was the start of his downfall.

All credit to Stipe. It was one of the most impressive victories I’ve ever seen. He ate so many punches and was getting the shit beat out of him. And he came back and found a way to win.

BUT. DC completely outclassed him for 3 rounds. It was shocking. DC gassed out. And that’s why he lost. I don’t think DC is getting the credit he deserves for performing the way he did.
Maybe the extra weight slowed him down. He even looked soft at 205. It’s a lot of extra weight to carry. Maybe that played a role

Exactly, the Stipe fan boys are too impressed with nothing LOL.

Stipe barely beat a gassed out retirement time DC and the Stipe fan boys have been keeping his nuts warm every since. LMAO.

They were so desperate for their hero Stipe to win. It was a lovely miracle for them when DC gassed so Stipe could finally have a chance to win and made their dreams come true. LMAO.
Since when TKOing somebody is barely winnin

All credit to Stipe. It was one of the most impressive victories I’ve ever seen. He ate so many punches and was getting the shit beat out of him. And he came back and found a way to win.

BUT. DC completely outclassed him for 3 rounds. It was shocking. DC gassed out. And that’s why he lost. I don’t think DC is getting the credit he deserves for performing the way he did.

So Stipe, landing shots on DC, staying patient and weathering the pressure, and then eventually landing punishing body shots, had nothing to do with the win?

DC did well and made a great account of himself during the fight, but the fight game is not sprint its a marathon, and Stipe conserved his energy better and it payed of in the later rounds. If anything minimizing Stipe's win makes DC looks worse because of the stoppage loss.

DC didn’t gas because all the gas he had was knocked out of him

I thought DC was having trouble compensating for the reach and height difference. He threw very hard, and was landing more early, but he also was wasting a lot of energy as a result. Stipe was managing his energy better and that paid off as a result.

Im sure taking a dozen left hooks to the liver had nothing to do with him gassing, right?

Lets test it. TS you run a mile before and after Stipe punches you 12 times in the liver.

Part of the game. If he didn’t have the motor to keep it going for the agreed upon 5 rounds then he hardly outclassed his opponent

So why are people saying me comparing old, chubby, HW DC to prime Conor is off-base? @orca.

my pick is stipe, unfortunately. I feel like whoever's cardio holds the longest, wins. Is DC doing what Yoel did, a favor to Dana to keep the division moving and set-up a Stipe Francis rematch? Idk.. but i'd rather have my money on prime DC than any other fighter alive, I said that in a thread. Not sure if this is prime DC and I might be very sad after this. But I'd love to see Francis murk Stipe.. actually.
live thread before the fight. If I knew he had no gas before the fight, it means he had no gas during the fight. No surprises here, I'm the Rasputin of this bitch, just go with it.

Back