DC should move back up and fight for HW title

RexChapmanFan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Storylines are there. DC on a quest to be first UFC fighter to ever hold the LHW and HW belt simultaneously. He's trying to avenge his teammate's big loss, etc.

More exciting than JDS title fight (guy is a shadow of his former self), would sell better and I think would be a better fight.

BTW, I think DC takes that one.

DC, finally has a belt, and he gives it up? Dumb, idea is dumb.

If he defended the LHW belt a few times yes it would be interesting. I always thought DC could beat Cain too.

This can be a good scenario. DC back to HW to beat Werdum. As I know he could be the first man who wins LHW title first and then HW title. His LHW title is legit but a bit blemish because of Jones so this could be a logic step even it's not too likely.

werdum would fuck up dc just like he did cain.

i see jds and stipe giving werdum a good fight. other than that. he owns this division.

Werdum beats Cormier. Whats Cormier going to do? Take Werdum down and try keep him there...

This was Werdum's response about Cormier:
“Five years ago, he helped me with a lot of training with wrestling. When we first met, I took him down. I took him down three times. He grabbed me in a double-leg and took me down and I got him in an armbar.” - Fabricio Werdum

Werdum beats Cormier. Whats Cormier going to do? Take Werdum down and try keep him there...

This was Werdum's response about Cormier:

No, he can easily beat him using what he did to Mir, i.e. pin him to the cage and dirty box him.

He has the cardio, strength, and clinch wrestling advantage.

DC beats Werdum easily in my opinion.

werdum would fuck up dc just like he did cain.

i see jds and stipe giving werdum a good fight. other than that. he owns this division.

And Jones would be a fun match up, probably Gus too.

LHW is so barren I think nobody would have really had a problem with him taking one fight off to challenge Werdum. Hell of a lot better fight than Gustafsson

Thought crossed my mind too. But now is not the time.

No, he can easily beat him using what he did to Mir, i.e. pin him to the cage and dirty box him.

In regards to cardio: Cormier gassed after RD2 vs. Jones at LHW. Hows he going to be a HW?

In regards to his strength and the clinch wrestling.. I'm not sure about the strength advantage but, Werdum has a reasonable height advantage and therefore could fuck him up in clinch and throw those knees knwing that he doesnt really have to worry about the takedown

EDIT: Plus I don't see how Cormier can offer much more than what Cain offers. The difference is that Cain has better cardio and better boxing, while Cormier has better wrestling but as we know, that wrestling is irrelevant vs. Werdum.

Last edited:
Storylines are there. DC on a quest to be first UFC fighter to ever hold the LHW and HW belt simultaneously. He's trying to avenge his teammate's big loss, etc.

More exciting than JDS title fight (guy is a shadow of his former self), would sell better and I think would be a better fight.

BTW, I think DC takes that one.

I'd be down but I prefer Arlovski v. Werdum 2, Overeem vs. Werdum 3, and Stipe v. Werdum in that order ahead of DC, then JDS v Werdum 2 fifth.

Just like Cain had?

In regards to cardio: Cormier gassed after RD2 vs. Jones at LHW. Hows he going to be a HW?

In regards to his strength and the clinch wrestling.. I'm not sure about the strength advantage but, Werdum has a reasonable height advantage and therefore could fuck him up in clinch and throw those knees knwing that he doesnt really have to worry about the takedown

EDIT: Plus I don't see how Cormier can offer much more than what Cain offers. The difference is that Cain has better cardio and better boxing, while Cormier has better wrestling but as we know, that wrestling is irrelevant vs. Werdum.

Cain has better boxing than Cormier? I totally disagree.

He would just get Thai clinched into death

Back