DC vs Jones is the greatest LHW fight of all time!

You might be right. Let's just hope it's not a boring eye poke bout

Rampage vs Hendo was pride vs pride to a lot of us. Hendo actually had more fight in the ufc than rampage at that point i believe. but to each their own.

I was wrong it the 3rd ufc fight for both of them. but rampage had 16 pride fights and hendo had 17 or 18

Rampage was the UFC LHW champion at the time and unified the PRIDE MW championship with the win. So Rampage was representing the UFC and Hendo was representing PRIDE.

In terms of accomplishments, this is most likely the greatest LHW fight in the history of the sport, noob.

And in terms of when the fight accrued who the hell cares about what they accomplished. Two fighters past their best will never be better on paper than two undefeated monsters at the form that Jones and DC are right now. Two monsters what would wipe the floor with either Hendo or Shogun at their best.

Should be a great scrap. These two will definitely be throwing bombs. Lol

tumblr_lv1r88jhxP1qcgr7io5_1280.jpg

It was a barn burner but not who anyone would consider the two best in the division by any stretch.

It was a barn burner but not who anyone would consider the two best in the division by any stretch.

Shogun and Hendo are legends that have never fought before their first fight. How is that not a great fight?

People think Jones/DC is a "great" fight just because they have some bad blood and they got into a scuffle at media day. It wasn't even a brawl, no punches landed nor was there any blood.

Chuck/Randy I was the greatest LHW fight.
Also Chuck/Tito I and II
Tito/Shamrock I

Although this could be the greatest LHW fight in the last couple years.

Shogun and Hendo are legends that have never fought before their first fight. How is that not a great fight?

People think Jones/DC is a "great" fight just because they have some bad blood and they got into a scuffle at media day. It wasn't even a brawl, no punches landed nor was there any blood.

Leaving aside the brawl, they are both unbeaten fighters who have largely made it look easy up until now. They are fighting for a title. The way they match up stylistically is very intriguing with many believing that DC will ragdoll Jones, etc. I never said that Shogun/Hendo was not a great fight, but it doesn't compare to Jones/DC in a lot of ways.

Pretty sure Chuck/Tito 2 was the most anticipated Lhw title fight as it did over a million buys, but yes as far as skillsets go, this is far better

DC looked like crap versus Monson.

Still excited for the fight but dat reach!

Leaving aside the brawl, they are both unbeaten fighters who have largely made it look easy up until now. They are fighting for a title. The way they match up stylistically is very intriguing with many believing that DC will ragdoll Jones, etc. I never said that Shogun/Hendo was not a great fight, but it doesn't compare to Jones/DC in a lot of ways.

I'm not saying this fight isn't in the top 10 of greatest LHW fights, I'm just saying it's definitely not number one. Chuck/Tito, Chuck/Wand, Chuck/Randy, Rampage/Hendo, and Shogun/Hendo are before. Jones/Gus II might even be greater.

Do you have any reading comprehension? Nobody is talking about this being the best LHW fight because of the brawl or bad blood. It is being based on their collective dominance and skillsets as mixed martial artists.

DC has fought like 2 times at LHW - i pumped for the fight but its hardly the GOAT in the LWH div.

Do you have any reading comprehension? Nobody is talking about this being the best LHW fight because of the brawl or bad blood. It is being based on their collective dominance and skillsets as mixed martial artists.

Ok, let's get technical since you want to talk shit. You say this is a great fight due to both of their "collective dominance and skillsets as mixed martial artists"? Jones is great in everything, literally has the deadliest arsenal in the game. DC is a wrestler who uses his grappling more than anything else. His striking and ground game is nowhere near Jones's.

Who has DC fought at 205 that is so great that can compare to the legends Jones has ran through? Hendo is the only one. He beat the shit out of Cummins but what top contender wouldn't? It would be one thing if DC dominated the likes of guys like Rashad, Gus, Rumble, Glover, Machida, Shogun, or Vitor. But he hasn't. So how can you say this is a "great" fight and even compare Jones and DC based on their resume (collective dominance) and skillsets when Jones blows DC out of the water.

DC can make it interesting and potentially pull off an upset, but it's not "THE" greatest LHW fight of all time. If that was the case Lyoto vs Jones would be the greatest LHW fight of all time based off of the skillset of an mixed martial artists , Jones vs Lyoto would have been the greatest LHW fight of all time.

Ok, let's get technical since you want to talk shit. You say this is a great fight due to both of their "collective dominance and skillsets as mixed martial artists"? Jones is great in everything, literally has the deadliest arsenal in the game. DC is a wrestler who uses his grappling more than anything else. His striking and ground game is nowhere near Jones's.

Who has DC fought at 205 that is so great that can compare to the legends Jones has ran through? Hendo is the only one. He beat the shit out of Cummins but what top contender wouldn't? It would be one thing if DC dominated the likes of guys like Rashad, Gus, Rumble, Glover, Machida, Shogun, or Vitor. But he hasn't. So how can you say this is a "great" fight and even compare Jones and DC based on their resume (collective dominance) and skillsets when Jones blows DC out of the water.

DC can make it interesting and potentially pull off an upset, but it's not "THE" greatest LHW fight of all time. If that was the case, Jones vs Lyoto would have been the greatest LHW fight of all time.

But by all accountS, Lyoto isn't undefeated, a guy that picked up and slammed Josh Barnett at HW, TKO'd Bigfoot Silva, and has the skill set needed to beat Jones, all while being recognized as a P4P talent.

Context, brother. CONTEXT.

DC has fought like 2 times at LHW - i pumped for the fight but its hardly the GOAT in the LWH div.

Not even Rampage can pick up and slam Josh Barnett. Hell, Rampage wouldn't even be strong enough to fight Josh Barnett or Bigfoot @ HW. That's how much of a monster DC is.

And DC only needed to prove he won't die at LHW. He not only showed he wouldn't die, but also that he can rag doll Hendo like no one else has.

But by all accountS, Lyoto isn't undefeated, a guy that picked up and slammed Josh Barnett at HW, TKO'd Bigfoot Silva, and has the skill set needed to beat Jones, all while being recognized as a P4P talent.

Context, brother. CONTEXT.

I understand what you all are trying to say, but come on, it's Barnett and Bigfoot Silva. They don't compare to the guys Jones has faced. DC is not P4P talent yet. If he beats Jones, then yes, but right now he's not imo. This is all my opinion just like you have yours. Yes Lyoto wasn't undefeated, but he's been UFC champ, he's faced the sharks in the shark tank at 205 in the UFC. DC has faced 3 HW'S in the UFC, Hendo who was basically a MW, and Cummins who is nowhere near any top contenders at 205.

This has nothing riding on it to make it "great" other than another opponent who COULD maybe upset Jones.

I understand what you all are trying to say, but come on, it's Barnett and Bigfoot Silva. They don't compare to the guys Jones has faced. DC is not P4P talent yet. If he beats Jones, then yes, but right now he's not imo. This is all my opinion just like you have yours. Yes Lyoto wasn't undefeated, but he's been UFC champ, he's faced the sharks in the shark tank at 205 in the UFC. DC has faced 3 HW'S in the UFC, Hendo who was basically a MW, and Cummins who is nowhere near any top contenders at 205.

You're supposed to compare DC to every other LHW. Tito/Chuck/Wandy/Shogun/Machida/Rampage/etc. couldn't go up to HW, and not only beat Barnett and Silva, but absolutely destroy them.

Back