DC vs Stipe to Headline UFC 226 July 7 Will Coach TUF

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Big fan of both. DC could set up a lucrative showdown with Jones with a win but its difficult to look past Stipe who has been on an absolute tear.

Cormier is a great champ, but has struggled with big long guys that have good distance control and elite TDD (Jones/Gustafson). Jones and Gus both had opportunities to drop DC but lacked the power to crack dat chin (not counting the NC). Miocic has crisp boxing and the tools needed to deal with DC’s elite wrestling... I’ll take Steepay to sleep Cormier in 3, and Still...

Everyone picking DC will regret underestimating Stipe once again. Don't get me wrong, I love DC, he's an incredible fighter, but Stipe takes the win.

DC

Stipe is a great boxer but he doesnt kick or knee too much which seems to be the only things capable of hurting dc. I have a hard time envisioning Dc being ko'd with a punch.

The wrestling edge obviously goes to DC, not really much to say there. I cant see stipe power doubling Dc the way he did francis, whereas I think Dc could duck for a single and chain takedowns like he did against volkan.

I think the absolute main aspect of this fight will be cardio, stipe has gone 5 rounds twice and he was absolutely gassed against francis from round 2 onwards, francis was just more gassed so it wasnt as evident. Im not saying it was the same but compare Dc and stipe at the starts of round 2 at ufc 220 where a similiar pace was set for rounds 1; DC was fresh , or even compare DC at the start of round 3 against rumble part 1 where he took damage. Both times he wasnt as gassed as stipe.

I think DC takes this in a 5 round decision where the start is competitive but the latter rounds will be won by DC with his superior cardio and pressure.

But who the fuck knows really, maybe stipe cro cop kicks him into the nether.

DC via cardio
My gut feeling as well. DC just grinds away at you and nobody has been able to stand up to the constant pressure other than Jones.

Stipe nearly died via lack of cardio while lying on Francis. I think DC can finish Stipe in the later rounds

Hope Stipe knocks that fat porker out cold and makes him cry like a bitch when he wakes up. DC deserves a good thrashing.

Stipe will win. It baffles me how anyone could believe DC has the edge on wrestling or striking

Volkan who is smaller and much worse wrestler than Stipe, defended DC's takedowns perfectly until he gassed. So did Rumble.

This is easy money for DC.
50-44;)

Sorry Dan. I love you, and I was hoping this fight would never happen. But that's what happens when you have two fearless heroes in the same world.

Stipe by TKO round 1 or 2

Hope Stipe knocks that fat porker out cold and makes him cry like a bitch when he wakes up. DC deserves a good thrashing.
That "fat porker" destroyes you in a second

DC needs to get his heavyweight muscle back. Look at the pics of DC at HW compared to lhw. His shoulders were gigantic back then. He needs to get into old form but if he does that he won’t be able to go back to lhw to rematch jones . Not at his age.

DC needs to get his heavyweight muscle back. Look at the pics of DC at HW compared to lhw. His shoulders were gigantic back then. He needs to get into old form but if he does that he won’t be able to go back to lhw to rematch jones . Not at his age.
He prolly retires after this one either way

dc retires with the belt and comes back once again if jj is freed

Back