DDP looks like a free belt.

insane amount of effort for 0 likes imo

tenor.gif

It's because his style looks so awkward and ugly (that's what fooled me), he keeps trucking along though.

Btw, I'm sure most pro's looked at DDP at first and thought the same thing as us fans.
i definitely never thought he'd be champ. once he beat whitaker, i was sold. dude can fight his ass off. beating soldic in KSW was insanely impressive but i didn't see it on tape when he came into the ufc. just looks sloppy. he REALLY reminds me of keith jardine. really weird technique but he makes it work. better than jardine ever did really.

MW and WW have felt like a sideshow lately. Leon/Colby instead of Shavkat. Khamzat would've beat either DDP/Strickland. Just don't have a feeling like we have a long reigning champ.

Khamzat is a beast but he gasses after 1 round against smaller guys. Him running through any top MW is far from guaranteed

He looked and has looked, very beatable imo. I think Israel beats him, his defense wasn't really there and offensively in the early rounds Sean was deflecting and parrying a lot of his shots. His gas tank is a lot better than everyone gave him credit for, never would've expected DDP to be able to keep up with Sean let alone look fresher at times.

Neither khamzat or izzy posses the defence or jab that kept ddp honest in this fight. Both of those dudes would be eating a wild fight ending haymaker.
I give only sean a chance in a rematch. Not those two at all. Stylistically

He’s the worst good fighter I have ever seen. It’s baffling, not sure what he does good.

He looks like he lacks basic hand eye coordination, amazing to win a title with his skill set.

Just hate they call him DDP, that’s Diamond Dallas Page, a bonafide superstar

Khamzat is the easiest one, Sean is toss up, Izzy is the unwinnable one
But that doesn't mean Khamzat is the worst fighter, it's about the styles, and easiest doesn't mean it's easy af

Tough to see anyone at MW holding a lengthy title reign

but so it is with most divisions, it's just an extremely hard thing to do

hence why we should appreciate the champions who manage to do it

Everyone underestimating DDP because of how terrible he looks in the cage yet manages to keep winning is one of the funniest things going on in MMA at the moment.

Izzy,Kham even a Sean rematch.... Whoever he fights next is getting a free title.
Izzy doesn't have the TDD or ability to pop back up like Strickland and Khamzat has shit cardio and hasn't beaten a single top 20 MW.

- goes 7-0 in the UFC
- knocks out all-time level fighter Whittaker

"This guy is a freebie, he won't go 8-0"

Some of you have such absurd standards. Do you have any idea hard it is to beat Tavares, Till, Bruson, Whittaker and Strickland in a row, and have stopped 5/7 opponents in the UFC?

Driccus has put the cardio bullshit to rest, hits very hard, good offensive/defensive grappling and is a physical guy on a long win streak.

Calling him anyones freebie is teenager karate fan stuff.

give the man some respect, like him or not, he's a top tier fighter.

his ability to switch stances seemlessly, his iron chin, his double lung capacity, his will to win, makes him an undeniable force

People said the same about Leon Edwards and he is now 2 title defenses in.

Its almost like Shertards should stop proudly and brazenly proclaiming things like this when they know less about MMA than YouTube comments casuals.

Might have been too harsh with the last remark but you get the point.

I've been here a long time and I think you are underselling the stupidity of our community.

Isn't he undefeated in the UFC?
People have been saying he looks like a free win since his debut, yet he's won 7 in a row in the ufc and just beat two champs. I don't understand the constant belittling of dricus.
Right. I don't see how anyone who has been following lately, would consider Dricusvan easy win for anyone at this point.

Ayo, no caps, on the #Izzy ting, I was gotta disagree, ahlie? But yo, Sean Tarzan and Khamzat Borz, those mans would certainly yoink that belt off #esteemed newchampion DDP easy, no lie.

Our great #AmericanHero was become on some serious wave, like he was ready to flip his whole script of his, you know? Maybe man's like, 'Yo here's the ting fams, I never checked fight tapes before, but now's the time, styll.'

In additional, if he levels up his God of Freedom form so it was not been draining him too much, he's gonna drop that #bluecollarmatrix move mad times, just cheesing and breaking down DDP before they was even touch them championship rounds, ahlie?

And Khamzat? Bro, say less, that's a straight body for DDP, facts no printer. Mans is a whole steamroller.

Former #AfricanKing Izzy, he was solid, my fam, but I'm saying DDP might just buss up this scene with his quirky timing and oddball style of his, then just lean on him heavy later in the clash #battle. Could be a decision, or even a late (T)KO flex, wallahi.

#JustMyCents
<{jackyeah}>

Strickland never holds a belt again in his career.

Back