De Randamie Vs Cyborg REALLY NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

Bobbybackpack

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know GDR already turned her down due to Cyborg's PED history but come on, that's a silly reason to turn down a fight. Especially your biggest payday. What about everyone else who continued to fight Cyborg? This makes her look bad which is unfortunate since she is a great fighter and this would've been a very competitive fight. It could get tricky for Cyborg if it stays on the feet and De Randamie is hard to take down.

They need to somehow convince De Randamie to take this fight, even if it means threatening her. This would be such a wasted opportunity if they don't fight.

I know GDR already turned her down due to Cyborg's PED history but come on, that's a silly reason to turn down a fight. Especially your biggest payday. What about everyone else who continued to fight Cyborg? This makes her look bad which is unfortunate since she is a great fighter and this would've been a very competitive fight. It could get tricky for Cyborg if it stays on the feet and De Randamie is hard to take down.

They need to somehow convince De Randamie to take this fight, even if it means threatening her. This would be such a wasted opportunity if they don't fight.
If she wouldnt fight her before, she wont fight her now because there is less money.

You might think DR would put up a good fight, but obviously she feels differently.

Nah, there is no any fight for Nunes (in both divisions) other than Cyborg rematch.

I thought GDR turned it down and surrendered her belt out of sheer fear? What's changed?

Might as well, Cyborg has one fight left, Nunes is taking her W and running back down to 135 for at least 2 years. Cyborg vs. GDR for 145 belt.

After reading this thread GDR announced "she has multiple injures and cannot fight until 2021"

GDR didn’t want that fight before. I don’t think her mind has changed especially when there’s not a belt at stake.

If she wouldnt fight her before, she wont fight her now because there is less money.

You might think DR would put up a good fight, but obviously she feels differently.

The fact that Cyborg lost could convince her that she is beatable. Maybe now she will fight her.

Ya, better get her in there against the only other actual person in her weightclass...

Cyborg can fight Big Toe next, then the UFC can offer her a new contract that puts an end to her shenanigans.

The fact that Cyborg lost could convince her that she is beatable. Maybe now she will fight her.

I expect Cyborg is not interested now, although she might not have many options available.

DR was scared to fight the one (and only one) big money prime time fight that was there for her, she deserves nothing and I hope she gets cut by the UFC.

What good is a fighter who wont fight?

Cyborg needs a rematch.....period! A champ like her deserves it...

GDR didn't want to fight her cause Dana was just being Dana.
Dana promised GDR that after the Holm fight, win or lose, she could go back to 135 and fight Nunes. Then she won and had to fight Cyborg.
So GDR said go jerk yourself Dana, cause you ain't fucking with me.

Back