Multiplatform DEAD SPACE [REMAKE] has arrived (January 27th 2023)

It looks good but the amount of remakes is becoming concerning to me.

EA isn't doing anything I give a shit about so I actually would prefer they focus on remaking their best games.

It looks good but the amount of remakes is becoming concerning to me.
Buckle up lol. This gen is prime for that.

The PS3/360 era was not great in terms of performance and this generation is a pretty big leap from the last.

Here’s hoping they go back to horror. The original is one of my favorite gaming experiences ever, though Part 3 just made me sad. Reboot is fine if they do that. I’ll take what I can, even if the origbal story is donzo.. Still, I’m excited to see more.

Buckle up lol. This gen is prime for that.

The PS3/360 era was not great in terms of performance and this generation is a pretty big leap from the last.
I'm so tired of WoW Classic. When are they going to release Classic WoW Classic??

People are just bad at coming up with new ideas. Since all the good ones are taken. Im sure something will come along eventually

I think it's more due to the tech hitting a bit of a ceiling. New gaming concepts usually came with a brand new technological leap in game design. 3D gaming in general was like having a blank canvas that they were able to tinker with for years and refine, and we've never seen anything remotely close to it's impact on how we play games. Motion controls were an attempt to get us thinking a little differently, but was ultimately a novelty that got old fast. VR is a bit of an extension on that concept(and vice versa), but I don't think they've really cracked the code yet in making it anything more than a novelty at this point as well. Until a new technological leap in game design is made the norm, we're likely not going to see many new gaming concepts, and just more variations on established ones.

I also think that the gaming community in general is not without blame, when it comes to companies playing it safe and shitting out what feels familiar, like remakes or the billionth microtransaction ridden online pile of shit. They sell. Extremely well. There is a supply and demand element to the stagnation as well. For instance, gamers will bitch about a game like "Star Wars Battlefront 2" being the "worst game ever!", "never giving EA a penny again!", blah, blah, blah...for a month or two, before they start clamoring for a third installment. Oh', and when that CGI teaser hits, the hype is through the roof again, because "OMFG, is that Yoda? Is he playable? WOW!!!!!!" Then they wonder why a company like EA doesn't give two shits to evolve. That's just how easy it is to impress the gaming community.

I think it's more due to the tech hitting a bit of a ceiling. New gaming concepts usually came with a brand new technological leap in game design. 3D gaming in general was like having a blank canvas that they were able to tinker with for years and refine, and we've never seen anything remotely close to it's impact on how we play games. Motion controls were an attempt to get us thinking a little differently, but was ultimately a novelty that got old fast. VR is a bit of an extension on that concept(and vice versa), but I don't think they've really cracked the code yet in making it anything more than a novelty at this point as well. Until a new technological leap in game design is made the norm, we're likely not going to see many new gaming concepts, and just more variations on established ones.

I also think that the gaming community in general is not without blame, when it comes to companies playing it safe and shitting out what feels familiar, like remakes or the billionth microtransaction ridden online pile of shit. They sell. Extremely well. There is a supply and demand element to the stagnation as well. For instance, gamers will bitch about a game like "Star Wars Battlefront 2" being the "worst game ever!", "never giving EA a penny again!", blah, blah, blah...for a month or two, before they start clamoring for a third installment. Oh', and when that CGI teaser hits, the hype is through the roof again, because "OMFG, is that Yoda? Is he playable? WOW!!!!!!" Then they wonder why a company like EA doesn't give two shits to evolve. That's just how easy it is to impress the gaming community.
Yep
The gaming community is a bunch of ungrateful spoiled brats. They just revel at the idea of bashing a game as soon as possible. And they also feel obligated to good games despite the fact that their standards are so high it’s almost impossible to satisfy them. When a game is released that they feel as bad or mediocre they vilify the developers to the point where their company actually suffers significantly.

they think good games are right rather than a luxury lol

So true. I would add that gameplay design even in new IPs would more than likely stay the same. I play a lot of open world / action RPGs and the amount of repetitiveness from game to game makes the genre exhausting. So really, we're getting the same game with a few mechanics and a new paint job. I'm considering moving into more linear gaming for a while to give myself a break.

Dead Space 4 on the latest gen would be an answer to my prayers.

There isnt much left after the Dead Space 3 DLC I imagine. It did look like Ellie would become the main protagonist in the next game.

DS 1 and 2 were amazing. I think 2 perfected it, allowing you to travel in zero g. DS 3 was fucking garbage. Honestly it sucked so bad. In the first two you would scavenge for ammo and supplies, conserving what you did have. The game felt like survival horror. In the 3rd you would get full ammo and health bait so often, and it was always followed up with an attack. You would see ammo and basically go "well here comes another wave of enemies". It turned into a as shitty shooter.

Translation - The new Dead Space remake is being developed by SJWs who's thought the original Dead Space was horrific because it didn't check enough racial diversity, sexuality, and social issue boxes.

Translation - The new Dead Space remake is being developed by SJWs who's thought the original Dead Space was horrific because it didn't check enough racial diversity, sexuality, and social issue boxes.

Yeah this was my take. Either that or it will have loot boxes, or pay to play bullshit. Maybe you play the wife and have to save Isaac Lolol

give-me-a-break-right.gif

Back