Dealing With Mental Affects Of Being Confronted

DaleyChamp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Last night i was attacked in a pub although i suffered no injuries it mentally has me screwed today.

Stop going to gay pubs.

so they jumped you right, did you swing back?

Are you that old dude that got sucker punched by Conor?

I get a really dry mouth in those situations

LzR3TUY7z0YlMId0ZMCvzi0SqAGPtvd92tBjLClpq47depTbwaIGAt71DMBUSQdGR-xQUQ2lUAPZ=w360-h225

Problema... Solucianado.
De Nada Muchaco.

Last night i was attacked in a pub although i suffered no injuries it mentally has me screwed today.
I feel you I have had 101 and 31 gi and no gi jiu jitsu matches and have won an amateur mma match i took in 29 seconds due to submission and I still get the shivers before a pub brawl

I feel you I have had 101 and 31 gi and no gi jiu jitsu matches and have won an amateur mma match i took in 29 seconds due to submission and I still get the shivers before a pub brawl
And with good reason. Because your body knows the difference between sanctioned contests in which there are rules & people looking out for your safety & the mayhem that can go down in a brawl. I walked to ring to fight almost 50 times & I was always in control of my breathing & mentally, physically & emotionally prepared for those fights.
But pup brawls, street fights & other violent encounters are a different story. You get that adrenaline dump, your ankles feel loose, your balls rearrange themselves to keep out of harm's way & your throat constricts. All within a matter of seconds & then, you find yourself in the middle of the ugliness & it's usually over within a matter of seconds.
Then, after the adrenaline dump has faded I'm left jittery as hell & when I see the aftermath of what I've done I usually feel some shame. Even if I hated the individual before the violence erupted I feel bad for what I've done. This stems back to when I seriously injured a neighbor who grabbed me by the throat on my back porch in the summer of 1982. I dropped him with a series of punches & he fell face-first off the porch & he landed in such a way that he badly injured his neck & his left arm.
He had to undergo surgery & due to nerve damage, he lost about 50% of the use of his arm. And he was in a wheelchair for over a year. This could have ruined my life had there not been several witnesses that stated that he attacked me & that I responded in self-defense. He also admitted at the hospital that he'd been drinking beforehand.
So, I was cleared of responsibility. But it still left an indelible mark on me.

And with good reason. Because your body knows the difference between sanctioned contests in which there are rules & people looking out for your safety & the mayhem that can go down in a brawl. I walked to ring to fight almost 50 times & I was always in control of my breathing & mentally, physically & emotionally prepared for those fights.
But pup brawls, street fights & other violent encounters are a different story. You get that adrenaline dump, your ankles feel loose, your balls rearrange themselves to keep out of harm's way & your throat constricts. All within a matter of seconds & then, you find yourself in the middle of the ugliness & it's usually over within a matter of seconds.
Then, after the adrenaline dump has faded I'm left jittery as hell & when I see the aftermath of what I've done I usually feel some shame. Even if I hated the individual before the violence erupted I feel bad for what I've done. This stems back to when I seriously injured a neighbor who grabbed me by the throat on my back porch in the summer of 1982. I dropped him with a series of punches & he fell face-first off the porch & he landed in such a way that he badly injured his neck & his left arm.
He had to undergo surgery & due to nerve damage, he lost about 50% of the use of his arm. And he was in a wheelchair for over a year. This could have ruined my life had there not been several witnesses that stated that he attacked me & that I responded in self-defense. He also admitted at the hospital that he'd been drinking beforehand.

+1 for the relevant story and another +1 for the usage of 'indelible'

do you who ts is?

theres some mayberry history involved lol

Back