dealing with moronic comments at my gym

Ok...short story is that I trade commodities for a living and don't have to be in an office kissing ass and hating my job. So I have tons of free time to train Muay Thai all day.

Lately, some fuckers at my gym have been making really retarded comments like...to do you pay rent here, you live here, etc...or make comments to the staff similarly....

It's fucking annoying as shit because...well...it's just ducking annoying and out of respect to the 2 owners of my gym, I don't say shit. First off, the people making these comments aren't exactly in a position to say shit about anyone but since I am a really extremely nice person I shuck it off with a smile. I want to cripple these tickets but won't because that's just wrong.....

I left today out of frustration which is uncharacteristic of me but it was either that or go to jail..if you know what I mean.

What would you guys do? I normally ignore this kind of shit but I am getting fed up. And I don't want to switch gyms until later this year when I plan to do some serious traveling.

I wish I had your problems. :icon_sad:

I would tell them, yes, I really do pay rent here. Officially I live in the space between the squat rack and the wall. Usually I sleep in the kingsize in that roof hide-out though. It's a nice space and only costs me 8 dollars per day. I can use the flatscreens to play XBOX after they close down here and every other friday we have an after hours nude ultimate frisbee tournament, just the girls that live here and I. That's the best. Also, I chose a different shower every day. You just can't beat that.

Last edited:
criticism is a covered up compliment. they envy your position.

Lol...nice one.

The problem is that Im really an asshole deep inside and am trying to become a better person via martial arts and meditation/introspection.

Back in the days I would've turned them into human potatoes with my preferred weapon of choice..Louis..fucking...ville slugger.....forget about kicking like a baseball bat, these tickets would've been smelling real wood for the rest of their lives.

I guess transforming yourself for the better is a real long journey....

Sorry....auto spelling correction on my Android keeps turning fuckers into tickets....

Should've updated that...my bad.

tell 'em to cut the shit or you'll make them eat a plate of human excrement.

Tell those mothertickets to mind they bidness.

Get back on your meds dude.

Seriously. Like now.

I should really just ignore them....I have enough fucking stress from trading......

'I trade commodities myself for a living. In my spare-time not tied to a 40-hour a week slave wage, I like training in...for the purposes of...'.

Be courteous because think about it this way, they are going back to a job they probably don't *love* to work for the rest of their life and they'd pay money to switch places with you in a heart-beat if they had the opportunity. Live your situation up, be thankful for your life, and ignore assholes.

Or fall back on the ever fun: 'ignore bitches, acquire currency' meme. :)

Sounds like a rough life, Broseph.

Good thing you're such a badass that you're able to take it in stride.

Good advice.

The main reason I train so hard is so that I can become a better trader by gaining that fighter sixth sense/instinct.

I have plenty of reasons with trading to go apeshit... I don't need more from what I would call people who will never amount to shit in their lives......

You sound like the stereotype of the high strung money-man, consumed with his self-image. You know, the kind of guy who needs to be treated with reverence, even in the most casual situations.

Considering the other things you said, people like you should not be allowed to own guns. More importantly, you do sound like someone who hates their job, so I think there's a little projection going on here.

With that being said, I can't believe you let those guys talk to you that way. They have pretty much plucked your balls, and left you an angry mess.

You need your ass whooped. We humble people like you in BJJ all the time.

Last edited:
You sound like the stereotype of the high strung money-man, consumed with his self-image. You know, the kind of guy who needs to treated with reverence, even in the most casual situations.

Considering the other things you said, people like you should not be allowed to own guns.

With that being said, I can't believe you let those guys talk to you that way. They have pretty much plucked your balls, and left you an angry mess.

You need your ass whooped. We humble people like you in BJJ all the time.

You're not completely incorrect in your opening statement....the second sentence is in my former life..I am much more humble and gentle than I used to be. Which is also why for the past few years I've trained hard, first working out and now martial arts.

I know my human flaws which is why I train like a maniac...so that I can defeat my inner evils and become a better person. I go the extra mile helping out newer students and the owners and staff alike. I strive hard everyday both mentally/physically and spiritually.

Btw, I train Bjj as well and am always humbled and better off for it and thankful to all my rolling partners....oss!

Wow. Great response. Now, I feel like the asshole. I believe you are sincere, and I apologize for being so aggressive in my description.

I would suggest that their comments might seem more disrespectful than they really are. I would take it more as a backhanded compliment that you're dedicated to what you are doing, and if they were in the same position, they would do so as well.

I say this as a person who also has trouble acting like an asshole. Don't let it get to you. It's nothing. If they are trying to ridicule you, then they're just rationalizing their lack of similar dedication.

You take yourself way to seriously, and more importantly you take them way to seriously.

Back