Delete

Would you rank Nikola Jokic as one of the top 5 centers of all-time?

• Total voters
Sorry, PER takes minute by minute into account. Can't paint a different picture if we're using the "gold standard" of metrics.
So you can't look at one season where a player in question played normal minutes, and had his highest PER (of carrier)?

Why, you can't sort season -by-season??

So you can't look at one season where a player in question played normal minutes, and had his highest PER (of carrier)?

Dont mind Wogbuzzle he is the number 1 certified Jokic hater. My favorite take was when he said Nuggets were gonna get kicked out by the Wolves in the first round<45>.

Why bother? Are we using actual PER or are we using snippets of careers to justify ALL TIME rankings based on limited selection? Let's use one post season to make an argument instead of an entirety.

Why bother? Are we using actual PER or are we using snippets of careers to justify ALL TIME rankings based on limited selection? Let's use one post season to make an argument instead of an entirety.
Ok, use whole carrier instead of prime years, do as you like...

It might surprise you how bad of a player Shaq, Jordan, Wilt and Kareem were, especially if you look just at their past prime years....

Ok, use whole carrier instead of prime years, do as you like...

It might surprise you how bad of a player Shaq, Jordan, Wilt and Kareem were, especially if you look just at their past prime years....

I'm aware, but this is a thread about top 5 centers... Of All Time.

Yoke really shouldn't be pigeon holed as a center. Yoke shoots the three like those goes could only dream of. Yoke passes the ball like those guys can only dream of. Yoke shoots at the line at a different level. Yoke is his own thing. If he plays a lotta years he's just gonna destroy all those guys for VORP and other wholistic measures because that's what Yoke is. His career PER is pretty much better than everyone in the history of the game outside of Jordan and could be going higher over the next few years. He has more different kinds of arrows in his quiver than anyone, and has the brains to know when to fire which. He just hasn't played enough years yet though.

His highest year of PER is higher than Jordan's ever was. In my opinion, he is a much better player than most MVPs. I know that Emdiid won the MVP but Jokic destroys teams in the playoffs. If I were to describe Jokic, he is the first center that has a feel for the game like Larry Bird did. Micheal Jordan was a much better athlete than nearly everyone but he never had a good feel for the game.

If I were to build around any player post 1980, it would be Jokic. He makes your team so much better in addition to the other stuff that he does. He got a ring with a team that isn't on paper that great beside having Murray. Aaron Gordon is good but usually championship teams have a better third best player.

His highest year of PER is higher than Jordan's ever was. In my opinion, he is a much better player than most MVPs. I know that Emdiid won the MVP but Jokic destroys teams in the playoffs. If I were to describe Jokic, he is the first center that has a feel for the game like Larry Bird did. Micheal Jordan was a much better athlete than nearly everyone but he never had a good feel for the game.

If I were to build around any player post 1980, it would be Jokic. He makes your team so much better in addition to the other stuff that he does. He got a ring with a team that isn't on paper that great beside having Murray. Aaron Gordon is good but usually championship teams have a better third best player.
lebron-james-confused.gif
giphy.gif

I think that he should be. Here is a stat that not many people know - Jokic is a player with highest PER in a single playoff run (golden standard for rating someones offensive game) of all NBA champions ever.
PER is not the golden standard for rating someone's offensive output. It's one of the least favored advanced metrics with a low regard among modern NBA executives tasked with recruiting talent. It's strength is that it is relatively straightforward and simple to understand for what it conveys. This isn't surprising since it's one of the oldest metrics devised by Hollinger well over two decades ago.

Nevertheless, Jokic is incredibly impressive as measured by any advanced metric. We'll see if that translates to more titles. Centers have historically dominated basketball. It's been the marquee position of the sport until moneyball, and as we learned this year, the game can still be dominated from that position. But just one NBA title won't be enough to crack the Top 5.

{<jordan}

These threads are phenomenal. The GOAT didn't have a good feel for the game. Amazing.

He knew how to setup his shot and such but he never had a great feal for passing and the plays. When he goes into passing mode, everything was telegraphed but he often got away with it because the team had to focus so heavy on him due to his scoring capabilities.

He knew how to setup his shot and such but he never had a great feal for passing and the plays. When he goes into passing mode, everything was telegraphed but he often got away with it because the team had to focus so heavy on him due to his scoring capabilities.

You are completely clueless. He had great feel for plays. The fact he drew everyone to him allowed him to make obvious passes, but that shouldn't be confused with him not having "good feel for the game." That's arguably the dumbest statement made in these threads, which is saying something.

You are completely clueless. He had great feel for plays. The fact he drew everyone to him allowed him to make obvious passes, but that shouldn't be confused with him not having "good feel for the game." That's arguably the dumbest statement made in these threads, which is saying something.

He never had a good feel and that was why he never ran the point with the wizards. By comparison, Stockton averaged almost 8 apg a game at 40 years old. Lebron is averaging 6.8 apg and doesn't play point. Chris Paul is almost 9 apg. Jordan's passing is just like Westbrook in that it is very basic and required people to collapse on him.

He never had a good feel and that was why he never ran the point with the wizards. By comparison, Stockton averaged almost 8 apg a game at 40 years old. Lebron is averaging 6.8 apg and doesn't play point. Chris Paul is almost 9 apg. Jordan's passing is just like Westbrook in that it is very basic and required people to collapse on him.

Lol. You're a complete mess. "No feel for the game."

Think about what Jordan's role was and what he was actually doing, besides winning more chips than everyone you mentioned combined.

<36>

These threads are basically a bunch of 16 year olds arguing about things they know nothing about.

I'm aware, but this is a thread about top 5 centers... Of All Time.

Yes, which Jokic become, with his plays in last 3 years, as did all the other greats, with their plays in their prime time! Jordan is not one of the Goats because his time with Wizards.

Yes, which Jokic become, with his plays in last 3 years, as did all the other greats, with their plays in their prime time! Jordan is not one of the Goats because his time with Wizards.
giphy.gif

Dude might not even be better than Wembanyama

give it time dude, he isn't the GOAT center, not even close, he might not even be the best center of his generation. He's at best #6 with his current work, and that's being generous. Give it time.

Lol. You're a complete mess. "No feel for the game."

Think about what Jordan's role was and what he was actually doing, besides winning more chips than everyone you mentioned combined.

<36>

These threads are basically a bunch of 16 year olds arguing about things they know nothing about.

he should have one less championship for push on utah plyer

Stick to soccer and trying not to be a complete can.
What do Americans know about basketball granted I do not care about it but Americans care about sport just to argue and have discussion who is best who's race is a factor and that is it
They try that in soccer but nobody cares about it there

Back