News Demetrious Johnson bow and arrow chokes 6’3” 250 lbs Brown Belt Sherdogger at IBJJF Championships

Do you believe a talented black belt jiujitsu 6 year old could tap a 200 pound full adult male that never trained?
That is the most brain dead question anyone has ever asked me on here. That's quite the achievement. It is so uniquely stupid on so many levels. Congratulations, you've somehow lowered my opinion of the human race even further.

1) you cannot be a 6 year old black belt. That's fucking stupid

2) a fully developed adult is incomparable to a child

3) the vast majority of experience bjj and mma athletes would destroy almost any untrained individual regardless of size. Being big gives just them a punchers chance.

Yeah but that 10 extra pounds to 260 might be the difference.

I mean a grizzly bear isn't human...that's a pretty big difference. Brock Lesnar would lose to animals that are smaller than him also.

No, size doesn't really matter when talking about someone like DJ. Untrained and GOAT candidate is a gigantic gap.

No one in the NBA can beat up Demetrius Johnson without any training and they are the biggest humans on earth. That's basically what you're saying, that someone like Kevin Durant can beat up DJ - because if not, then what is this hypothetical "size/discrepancy"? There aren't any 10 foot, 8% BF humans.
Size definitely matters even when it comes to DJ.

And NBA might have the tallest people but not necessarily the biggest or strongest.

but yes i think there are at least 100 nba players that could beat him in a fight if not more. Easily too. Do you think Derrick Lewis his first day training loses to DJ? He has said in interviews his brother could probably beat him and has never trained but is too ghetto for UFC. Could DJ beat him too?

There is a big difference between rolling and actually fighting. With punches involved unfortunately most 230 lbs athletic adults(who arent common btw) would knock dj out with first punch they hit him with.

Martial arts isn't a super power.

I trained with alot of pro and amateur fighters, and alot of people with no training and while it is true most people with no training cant beat anyone, there are alot of randoms that can give legitimate trouble to pros who are the same size, let alone little guys like DJ.

You don't think there are 1000 Polynesian Tai tuivasas out there?

Here is DJ tapping out trained 250lbs athletes who are actively at the top of Pan Ams, and yet there are those who claim an untrained person or bodybuilder would have a shot.

It's as if UFC 1 never happened, and we didn't learn anything from the Gracies or guys like Nakai, Minowa, etc. What happened when GSP wrestled 265lbs Laraque? What happened when Minowa fought Hong Man Choi, or Butterbean? And those are trained athletes who were very proficient in combat sports.

I swear people are so stupid it's unbelievable.

Last edited:
That "random fat bald guy" would easily beat pretty much every untrained person in a fight.

Well sure. Beating any untrained person in the world isn’t a great feat.

Mighty Mouse is awesome. I’m not knocking him.

Do you think an untrained guy of any size could beat Demetrious Johnson in a fight?

Because they could not.

No of course not. I’m saying for one of the greatest fighters of all time to beat some unheralded guy who weighs more in a bjj competition isn’t a great feat.

But absolutely size does matter in everything especially fighting.

What I was saying it shouldn’t be a huge deal for Mighty Mouse to beat some Random guy who weighs a lot more than him in any athletic competition.

Mm is a an mma goat that could do it all. That other guy is just some dude.

I don't understand why he's not talked about as #1 p4p but cheater Jones comes up first. MM is literally better than everyone and ran from no one. Everyone he fought was bigger than him. Even that cejudo loss was sus af
The cejudo loss was crap, but the Uncle Creepy match was also unfair... It kinda evens it out for him. McCall never got over it and has been completely forgotten. Dude looked like he could be big then.

Is this Masters or Adult?
Master 2. I dunno how people look at this as evidence DJ can beat up bigger dudes in a street fight, I look at it as evidence he wants to duck guys under 36 lol.

(yes I know he's fighting young guns in MMA and his trilogy with moraes was fantastic)

Master 2. I dunno how people look at this as evidence DJ can beat up bigger dudes in a street fight, I look at it as evidence he wants to duck guys under 36 lol.

(yes I know he's fighting young guns in MMA and his trilogy with moraes was fantastic)
Yes I'm sure big dudes on the street would be more capable than an ultra heavy brown belt pan champ, American national champ, and no gi world medalist.

All jokes aside, honestly, I don't see why DJ chooses to fight in masters 2. I don't think most adult browns can hang with him. I'd at least do masters 1 (you get lots of killers in there still). Anyone who wins at that level is a beast regardless of age tho.

I feel like this as equally a bad look for the big fella as it is impressive for mousey. Jesus christ

Martyn still beats that midget
Most people in here are 5'10 at best so they make 6'9 sherdogger jokes to cope

Fake news, a real Sherdogger could never lose to a manlet

You don't know the power the elites have. I'm 6'5 and had the privilege to roll and train with Craig Shintani.

I'm inexperienced in BJJ and wrestling but still just feeling the power and technique of someone so knowledgeable and built for the game is an experience.

Back