Demetrious Johnson Learned Flying Armbar from Fedor

ufcgoat

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
giphy.gif

b02c3eef111d49917a14390e1df0fc65.gif

That's just a quick transition to juji-gatame by Fedor. You'll see super explosive armbars in judo and sambo all the time.

Not the same thing at all as what DJ did.

Fedor is still the most well rounded HW I've ever seen.

I dont know why there was this shit dribbling about this armbar , sure it was an awesome transition but in the air?...open your eyes ffs

That Fedor Hong Man Choi armbar picture is a true classic... Incredible. ;)

DJ got robbed HARD against Cejudo.
I was rooting for Cejudo, but I thought MM clearly won. Cejudo landed takedowns, but did absolutely nothing with them. It's a shame that some judges still give so much weight to simply holding position.

That being said, plenty of people scored it for Cejudo, so I don't think it qualifies as a "robbery."

I always thought more Fedor and Mousasi fans would respect and back up DJ. Not care that he's not charismatic.

I mean look at that f'n armbar. It's beautiful.

Last edited:
DC Copied the same setup and combo that Fedor used to KO Sylvia, to beat Miocic

Fedor was 10 years ahead of the game atleast due to his combat sambo background, and Brazilians and Americans that start in their teens are not getting to the same level

Cormier's got his own version of the flying armbar. Flying kimura I guess.

giphy.gif
Honestly the single leg control its take to pull off the windmill dump is specific to Cormier, he can does that with a lifetime of wrestling experience Fedor doesn't have

But can he do the Superman Armbar?
Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Hong-Man-Choi.jpg

Remember the fight but not the size difference. Scale of a 13 year old rolling with an adult and fedor isn't a small man.

Back