Media Demetrious Johnson Says Dana Lied About his Contract. Was told "We do Not Give PPV Points to Flyweight Guys"

Wreckless

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

I believe it. Classic bozo move from Dana "Pinocchio" White.

"Touching the nose during or after a statement may indicate the statement is a lie. This is sometimes called the "Pinocchio Effect." The brain sends an impulse to the tip of the nose when a lie is spoken, and the touch is an unconscious reaction to that impulse."

What a dumb comment, as per usual.

This has nothing to do with getting a percentage of each PPV sold.
people who earn money for the company get a percentage of each ppv sold

To be fair the UFC was trying to see if they could strike gold again like they did with Lesnar with CM Punk. Doesn't discredit DJ's argument and for most fights to be interesting you need a dance partner. Nunes has had that at least 2 or 3 times and still couldn't draw.

people who earn money for the company get a percentage of each ppv sold
Ok and what qualifies as "People who earn money for the company"? Like what is the specific number you need to sell.

Could be wrong but doesn't being champ automatically grant you a cut from each PPV sold?

Obviously, the final payout would vary based on how well the card sold. But Whether it did 300K or 1 Million PPVs. I believe he should have been getting a small percentage of each PPV sold.

They promoted him just fine. He's just a safe boring point fighter with no personality.
That's not true at all. He has a boring personality but a very exciting fighting style. Perhaps you could say that his fights were not that dramatic because his opponents didn't get much offense. But also this MFer won a fight with a german suplex/armbar

I will fully admit I did not appreciate him at the time but FW was very young and shallow and fans had very little interest it back then.

He wasn't selling a lot of PPV's but he did deserve his cut.

Back