News Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson FINALLY Gets His BJJ Black Belt

So the dude throws a guy in the air and subs him as soon as he touches the ground in a UFC title fight.. years later subs a 250lbs brown belt in competition... and he wasnt even a black belt?

Some of those McDojos that gave guys like JDS a black belt should learn a thing or two.

Ware MM. I hope he gets his hands on Bradley Martyn.

People not training gi not having belts? Imagine that. Maybe if he had been doing gi this whole time, he would've been a black belt ages ago.

When some fighters get a BB people scream McDojo!! And undeserved.
When MM gets it is just sandbagging.

I dont know why MM did not get it before now.
I have a hard time believing he turned it down before.
No matter what. Nobody can question his BB.
Its as legit as they come.

So war MM one of the best ever and a class act

I did a quick google.. Apparently this is the lineage for DJ's BJJ

Mitsuyo Maeda > Carlos Gracie Sr > Reyson Gracie > Osvaldo Alves > Bibiano Fernandes > DJ

I wanted to know how many BBs Bibiano has given out, but wasn't able to find that information before I got bored.

Reactions: lsa
The only thing a belt does is hold your pants up.

Looking back on Google, it appears Mighty Mouse was a white belt 7 years ago. Anybody here practices BBJ? Is 7 or 8 years average for a black belt?

I'd say even 7 years ago Mighty Mouse had a pretty solid understanding of BJJ

Looking back on Google, it appears Mighty Mouse was a white belt 7 years ago. Anybody here practices BBJ? Is 7 or 8 years average for a black belt?

I only have a blue belt and that took me a little over 3 years (though i was on n off).

Usually its said black belt takes 10 years to get, but he was using it at the very highest level of fighting/tournaments.

Shouldn't take someone who's got DJ's level no gi too long to get a black belt. Should never have been a white belt in a gi anyway, someone of his level of no gi grappling is easily a blue belt, you can't put someone like 2017 Demetrious Johnson in a white belt comp.

Shouldn't take someone who's got DJ's level no gi too long to get a black belt. Should never have been a white belt in a gi anyway, someone of his level of no gi grappling is easily a blue belt, you can't put someone like 2017 Demetrious Johnson in a white belt comp.

That's what I'm thinking. MM has been training MMA since 2006, that's over 18 years. And at least half of that is at the highest levels of competition.

In 2015 Jon Jones was at the peak of his career and he had a white belt in BJJ. Imagine if you were a white belt entering a local tournament and Jon Jones is across the mat with you. You got no chance in hell.

That's what I'm thinking. MM has been training MMA since 2006, that's over 18 years. And at least half of that is at the highest levels of competition.

In 2015 Jon Jones was at the peak of his career and he had a white belt in BJJ. Imagine if you were a white belt entering a local tournament and Jon Jones is across the mat with you. You got no chance in hell.

That version of Jones would probably win most purple belt gi tournaments even without regular training in a gi.

people clowning GOATan for randomly getting bjj belt
and now everyone is praising some black youtuber for getting it
pathetic
123.jpg

That version of Jones would probably win most purple belt gi tournaments even without regular training in a gi.
He'd crush everyone except high level black belt competitors.

Back