Dendrophile Jiri is back in the woods

He didn’t do it as dramatically in this video, but somethin that cracks me up about Jiri is when he gets pumped up while talking and switches to a deep, dramatic voice. Usually it’s at the end of a sentence where the last word he’s says is in almost like action movie style or something lol. Love the weirdo

around 1:25 when he says ‘no matter’
Around 2:40 when he says ‘it was a storm’

IT WAS A STORM was gold!

Dude should talk less and continue to fight how he fights.. The 'Your not Samurai Bro' vs 'Nah I am samurai buddy, well not samurai but I feel samuraiish' shite was corny as hell... Both Rakic and Jiri are better than that, it takes away for me seeing absolute badasses awkwardly approaching marketing in broken english.. That said, Great fight, Jiri bless.

Dude should talk less and continue to fight how he fights.. The 'Your not Samurai Bro' vs 'Nah I am samurai buddy, well not samurai but I feel samuraiish' shite was corny as hell... Both Rakic and Jiri are better than that, it takes away for me seeing absolute badasses awkwardly approaching marketing in broken english.. That said, Great fight, Jiri bless.
That was not what he said and is a poor summation.

His actual sentiment was quite accurate and moving. A message for modern times... and his 'broken English' only added to it's appeal, IMO.

That was not what he said and is a poor summation.

His actual sentiment was quite accurate and moving. A message for modern times... and his 'broken English' only added to it's appeal, IMO.
I was paraphrasing the cringe of the hyped promo video prior to the fight, I don't believe a debate about whether someone is or isn't as real or fake samurai is beneficial to anyone involved, it makes 2 monsters come across like kiddos to me..
My gripe is more so how it was sold and marketed as some kind of pokemon grudge match with Dolph Lungren-esque if he dies he dies cheese.. Like Fuck that, remove your ears and go sit in a dark room for 3 days.

Nah he should keep doin what he's doing.
It was a storm.

You can choose to not be a fan of Jiri but not a single person can deny that he is one of the most exciting fighters to watch in the history of MMA.
I haven’t really “rooted” for a fighter since Hendo retired. I now root for Jiri hard. He’s a fucking beast. Old school vibes.

I was paraphrasing the cringe of the hyped promo video prior to the fight, I don't believe a debate about whether someone is or isn't as real or fake samurai is beneficial to anyone involved, it makes 2 monsters come across like kiddos to me..
My gripe is more so how it was sold and marketed as some kind of pokemon grudge match with Dolph Lungren-esque if he dies he dies cheese.. Like Fuck that, remove your ears and go sit in a dark room for 3 days.
I have not seen how it was marketed, but Jiri seemed to have genuine feelings about it to the point that it made him more of a monster. So - your point seems erroneous?

But if you only have beef with the UFC marketing, then I have no beef with that. I won't even suggest that you could just not watch it ;)

Stop getting triggered cos he's more samurai than you. Aw wa wee wa
Not triggered, just want him to garner the respect he deserves, and the way UFC market him isn't my flavour.

In the cage no doubt, out the cage was bordering on a sacha baron cohen film to me.
If you can't differentiate between something heartfelt and genuine and a comedy skit, then that's on you bud. Life might be richer for you if you could.

Not triggered, just want him to garner the respect he deserves, and the way UFC market him isn't my flavour.
He deserves to be respected for who he is, which he displays unapologetically.

Would you prefer he become like some boring athlete?

I have not seen how it was marketed, but Jiri seemed to have genuine feelings about it to the point that it made him more of a monster. So - your point seems erroneous?

But if you only have beef with the UFC marketing, then I have no beef with that. I won't even suggest that you could just not watch it ;)
I can see how I seem like debby downer on him, not at all where i'm coming from, loved the fight, love Jiri... Just don't want to see very credible fighters asked ridiculous questions that make it all seem very deliberately forced marketed for the sake of some wanky build up to promote the "beef", didn't need it on this occasion for me, wasn't well put across.

rogan needs to get him on the podcast. and netflix needs to do a series on this guy. dude is the definition of a fuckin g

I can see how I seem like debby downer on him, not at all where i'm coming from, loved the fight, love Jiri... Just don't want to see very credible fighters asked ridiculous questions that make it all seem very deliberately forced marketed for the sake of some wanky build up to promote the "beef", didn't need it on this occasion for me, wasn't well put across.
I see where you are coming from 👍

Edit:

I guess the positive thing to come from it, even from that ^ point of view, was Jiri's response. I really liked it.

Anyways ✌️

I see where you are coming from 👍

Edit:

I guess the positive thing to come from it, even from that ^ point of view, was Jiri's response. I really liked it.

Anyways ✌️
I enjoyed his response, as I always do yours Blanqua!

I wish him all the best, take nothing away for that performance... There was a point fairly early in the fight Jiri was smiling akin to Amanda Nunes or something, sick stuff... And I said something along the lines of to my partner "this fight is going how he wants it, It's not easy to tell but I'm pretty confident he's saving his energy or something and is going to ramp up the gears when the time is right"... And then he did.

My only gripes at all are with the build up, questions asked which lead to bad answers, which lead to more of the same... twas marketing shite to 'make people have a reason to watch these two' whether it's the flag, the samurai shite, what ever, they pushed it, and they pushed it hard.... The fight was always gonna sell itself, i get why it was promoted that way, I just really hate it, I believe it made them both look silly and really felt like they were being put in unnatural(for them) situations for the sell of the fight.. Don't see them promoting say Alex Periera in that way.

He's self aware, does a good job of joking it off... but I hate the questioning, fuckin leave him alone.

Last edited:
Jiri smoked Rakic like a backwood

bw-original.png
Ugh..... I've smoked SO many of those... thank god I stopped.

Back