Dentist said I need GRAFT SURGERY...ugh

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What the hell, out of nowhere I need to have skin from my palate removed and reattached to my gums. While doing a routine cleaning he showed me pictures of gum disease and people with missing teeth and bone exposed. Good salesman. Tomorrow I go for surgery. Anyone else did it? Is it a scam?

Who needs teeth anyway.

B7aC5dICQAAteFZ.jpg

I’m terrified of the dentists and this post makes me wanna cry!!!!

There’s a newer and better way to do it as well. Google pin hole technique for gingival recession Better results, minimally invasive

I’m terrified of the dentists and this post makes me wanna cry!!!!

Motherfuck this right here.

I have this one tooth that I think, based on my self inspections via my tongue and cold sensitivity, where I think the roots are starting to show. Not sure why

Fuck ...... I am avoiding the fucking dentist.

Good luck TS.

Motherfuck this right here.

I have this one tooth that I think, based on my self inspections via my tongue and cold sensitivity, where I think the roots are starting to show. Not sure why

Fuck ...... I am avoiding the fucking dentist.

Good luck TS.

Sounds like you need horrible graft surgery too! Don't neglect it. Your jaw bone will show and get will get infections.

Never. Probably using a hard toothbrush. Eats away at the gums.
So you need a graft for that?
Fuck. I have snakebites and the teeth behind them get knocked on a lot. So my gum has receeded on them. Would they try to make me do a graft for that?

Man fuck them.

Sounds like you need horrible graft surgery too! Don't neglect it. Your jaw bone will show and get will get infections.
I think I’m having a panic attack from this thread. I can’t breathe

You're in your late 50s? If not either you use to drink too much, smoke a lot or just don't bother brushing and flooshing

I've had it done before as a kid, in order to give my teeth enough gum tissue to move through while the braces fix my overbite.

Recovery time was minimal, but the area they take the tissue from never fully heals, it's been several years since I've had it done and that area is still considerably more "vulnerable" than the rest of my upper palate. Warm pizza or crusty toasted bread rubbing against that area will cause bleeding really easily.

Never. Probably using a hard toothbrush. Eats away at the gums.

I can believe that. I had a hard brush and it fucked my gums up. I've always brushed twice a day my entire life. Every dentist has honestly told me that my teeth are perfect and I take pride in that. I've never had a cavity or anything like that.

Regardless though, every single time I use a hard brush it makes my gums bleed.

I can believe that. I had a hard brush and it fucked my gums up. I've always brushed twice a day my entire life. Every dentist has honestly told me that my teeth are perfect and I take pride in that. I've never had a cavity or anything like that.

Regardless though, every single time I use a hard brush it makes my gums bleed.

Quit buying dollar store toothbrushes bro.

I know the pain.

Quit buying dollar store toothbrushes bro.

I know the pain.

Oh they aren't even dollar store toothbrushes. They're the nicest Colgate toothbrushes, they just have really stiff bristles. Not a fan.

Back