Media Deontay Wilder: I'll be a dangerous man in the UFC

Wilder vs Brock Lesnar. Make it happen Dana

I mean he's not wrong. That guy with 4oz gloves is pretty fucking dangerous.

Obviously he'd get wrecked. But it doesn't change the fact that if he hits someone with those gloves it could be ugly.

It looks like Wilder doesn't understand that MMA is the sport and UFC is just a promotion. I bet he thinks he's been training UFC the last few months. I have a feeling he won't do MMA when he realizes he can't fight Ngannou in the UFC. Hopefully they just box each other.

What is it with people thinking smaller gloves = more dangerous? Big ass boxing gloves are way more destructive and allow you to punch even harder cause of the extra padding. Not to mention boxing gloves cause more brain damage than MMA gloves due to the larger surface area of impact, they make your brain bounce & rattle inside your skull more.
Smaller gloves make KOs/TKOs more likely. The reason big gloves are more dangerous is cause it takes more shots to cause as much damage and more shots have a stronger link to CTE than quick KOs/TKOs. There is plenty of padding in MMA gloves that you can punch just as hard as bigger gloves. The 10 count also causes more brain trauma since a concussed fighter has more time to recover so they take more shots than they would have in MMA.

He could have been a mix of Jones and Ngannou in terms of athleticism, physicality and build. But that could have only happened if Wilder started training MMA in his teens.

398579938_876130150774004_7577465791084524590_n.jpg

Somebody needs to tell him this isn't boxing

I thought average Sherdogger was around 6'5 or 6'6 so deontay might be an inch taller

But yes average sherdog is much more muscular and strong.
Even the weakest sherdogger could take wilder down with ease

No, new members have increased the average to 6'7-6'8
I am now a manlet at 6'5 and have to wear lifts

No, new members have increased the average to 6'7-6'8
I am now a manlet at 6'5 and have to wear lifts
Damn I feel your pain brother
I rememberbeing 6'5 when I was 14. And I was bullied everywhere I went for being a midget
Even girls laughed at me
I asked this girl out once and she said eww you are small enough to be my son
Luckily I had a growth spurt and am now 6'9
I still get laughed at for being a mallet and I also wear 2 inch shoe lifts but it's not as bad as before

Damn I feel your pain brother
I rememberbeing 6'5 when I was 14. And I was bullied everywhere I went for being a midget
Even girls laughed at me
I asked this girl out once and she said eww you are small enough to be my son
Luckily I had a growth spurt and am now 6'9
I still get laughed at for being a mallet and I also wear 2 inch shoe lifts but it's not as bad as before

There is a girl at my gym who is 6'3 and good looking!!

kelsey-henson-hafthor-bjornsson-wife.jpg

How sherdbros think and say they look

6f6f5ae89d174b32909cfb8cc2ee0dba_1659132629~tplv-photomode-zoomcover:720:720.jpeg

The reality

What is it with people thinking smaller gloves = more dangerous? Big ass boxing gloves are way more destructive and allow you to punch even harder cause of the extra padding. Not to mention boxing gloves cause more brain damage than MMA gloves due to the larger surface area of impact, they make your brain bounce & rattle inside your skull more.
Lmao bullshit. have you ever put on big gloves and mma gloves? the protection mainly comes from the handwraps. larger surface makes the brain rattle more? again bullshit. smaller area of impact, more pounds per square inch pressure, better at turning the head, accelerating the brain. just look at mma fights and look at boxing fights. who has got more kos per round, minute, punch etc? Its MMA easily.

Everything that's already been said aside, I wonder how his hands would hold up. Hard to imagine them not breaking very badly

wolf tickets.... he's doing the conor thing. saying nonsense in the media to get the people talking and keep his name in the media... he's not going to mma. and why would he? get paid a fraction of what he's making in boxing to most likely get beat up and hurt his brand. nah. won't happen

he would get destroyed. his excuse for losing the 2nd fury fight was that his walkout outfit was too heavy.

he’s got as good a chance as nggano.

Back