• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deontay Wilder is mediocre HOWEVER hes still going to KO Fury tonight

You people are so delusional and don't realize Wilders resume is trash, hes a hype job like Grant was, only difference he hasnt run into a prime Lewis to dismantle him. Lewis fought a lot of killer punchers in his time never showed fear, yet you think hes going to be scared of someone who throws windmill punches? lul

You people are so delusional and don't realize Wilders resume is trash, hes a hype job like Grant was, only difference he hasnt run into a prime Lewis to dismantle him. Lewis fought a lot of killer punchers in his time never showed fear, yet you think hes going to be scared of someone who throws windmill punches? lul
Well said, a fully fit Fury massacres him, Wilders power is overrated, Fury may bully and dtop him. He is a big 6'9 man in shape and he can hiy you everywhere

It’s official....... I need another beer.

Like athleticism, punching power, good solid chin, willpower arent features that make a fighter good.
And mediocre compared to history can never be proven. Thats as subjective as it gets. Fact is hes on top in his current time. And besides people are slightly getting better in sports overall so its highly unlikely that the boxing skill has decreased to a mediocre level since the 90s

holy fuck that was a master class by Fury

He made Wilder look like a jobber

Wilder got exposed for the protected fighter he has been. His first high level (in shape opponent and he gets massively exposed). Just shows how he was protected.

He would win a terribly boring decision likely.. He would not even engage with Holyfield whom he dwarfed and Holy was never known for punching power.. Lewis would be scared to death of Wilder's power.. Jab and hold.. Jab and Hold..

Don't you ever argue boxing with me again clown.

Hes still not mediocre though lol But Fury is a higher class boxer thats for sure.

It's pretty obvious what's going to happen tonight as it was in progress in the last bout

Tyson Fury throws punches without enough commitment 2ko a Girl Scout because he is too concerned about getting countered himself

That's why he is an effective boxer

Wilder figured him out at the end of their first bout

Once Wilder figured out that Fury couldn't stop him he started to commit more to his combos...
he was taking over

Wilder was shocked at the end of the first round when Fury almost knocked him down (wilder fury 1)
I'm amazed no one noticed it or talks about it but Wilder was seriously rocked at the end of the first round... that set the tone for a careful and tepid start from the brown bomber

Tyson landed a real sneaky heavy cross at the very end of the first round and this put Wilder on an excessively defensive strategy for the beginning of the fight

As things progressed he got his gut back up as he got Furys number

Fury can't crack an egg (because he intentionally throws Pittypat's that he can quickly recover from)
and Deonte can't throw a straight cross

That's the only reason this fight makes it out of the third round

Deonte is going to figure out how to throw a straight cross before Fury gets enough power to stop him

One thing's for sure... the average heavyweight from the mid-90s would monster Mack either one of these clowns

Heck I bet Tommy Morrison could KO both of them inside of three rounds on the same night

Either Deontay is going to clean his clock early or Tyson is going to lead him into deeper waters and drown him with his non committal Slappy style of herky-jerky boxing

Wilder got ROCKED by that hook/cross combo and almost fell as he mocked a "rabbit punch" complaint behind the ref

he SHOOK

I guess you will be deleting your account now. You should.

holy fuck that was a master class by Fury

He made Wilder look like a jobber

The Gypsy King is a fucking monster. Easy work tonight for Tyson. I think he destroys AJ if this fight is any indication at all.

Wilder got exposed for the protected fighter he has been. His first high level (in shape opponent and he gets massively exposed). Just shows how he was protected.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, was thinking of dropping a late bet on Fury but I bitched out

all I was thinking about was that first Ortiz fight, Wilder was getting outclassed badly at times in that fight.

Everyone point and laugh at TS!

giphy.gif

Man I was rooting for Fury but didn't think it would be by stoppage. He used a good strategy putting his weight on Deontay in the clinches but at some point I thought he was overdoing it. Deontay was obviously wobbly so I thought Fury should've been keeping his distance and firing straight shots (which he did in the last sequence). The left hook was there all night as well. Great fight!

Hard to overcome a 40 pound weight difference. Made Wilder look like a scrub

Back