• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Deontay Wilder vs Charles Martin PBC

Shit fight, Wilder iced him, Martin is wide open for a straight right hand, bingo’d whenever Wilder pulls the trigger

I don't get it, you want Wilder to drop down in weight or Rivas to move up?

Using Martin as an stepping stone fight makes more sense than fighting a BW. You can more easily sell the fight to casuals by calling Martin as a former hw world champion, which he technically was.

Now if you really wanna please the hardcore fans, fight the winner of Whyte/Povetkin happening in a month and a half.
Rivas is a HW and is a much more interesting fight than Martin.

Is this Bridgerweight shit really becoming a thing? I didn't believe it at first but I guess it's real now?

He weighed 240lbs against Whyte. He is a HW.
I'll make it simple...
Rivas so far was a HW, now he is not a HW.
He dropped down when they offered him the 1# rank at Bridger weight, and was removed from all his HW rankings.
He is not going to go back up. It's much easier to beat up Marco Huck's corpse and get a free world title.
Yvon Michel: Oscar Rivas Is Open to Becoming First Bridgerweight Champion - Boxing News (boxingscene.com)

It'll be the easiest undisputed+lineal title in history for rivas when all the other orgs adopt the BrW, they are all a bunch of half retired CWs and LHWs who don't wanna make weight anymore and couple of bums here and there.

I'll make it simple...
Rivas so far was a HW, now he is not a HW.
He dropped down when they offered him the 1# rank at Bridger weight, and was removed from all his HW rankings.
He is not going to go back up. It's much easier to beat up Marco Huck's corpse and get a free world title.
Yvon Michel: Oscar Rivas Is Open to Becoming First Bridgerweight Champion - Boxing News (boxingscene.com)

It'll be the easiest undisputed+lineal title in history for rivas when all the other orgs adopt the BrW, they are all a bunch of half retired CWs and LHWs who don't wanna make weight anymore and couple of bums here and there.
Got a source saying he wont go back to HW? Especially for a shot at the big 3? Did you even read what you posted?

If it looks like things in the heavyweight division aren’t to our taste, we will not rule out the possibility for Oscar to become the first champion in this weight class.”

We made our intentions clear to everybody in the last few weeks,” Michel said. “Oscar is ready no matter what. I would like for him to get the rematch against Dillian Whyte and I would like to see this fight land on the under-card of the superfight between Anthony Joshua and Tyrosn Fury.

H07t.gif

Got a source saying he wont go back to HW? Especially for a shot at the big 3? Did you even read what you posted?
I think the post your quoting has no basis at all just as they are ranked at BW doesn’t mean they can’t fight at hw Babic is on this list and before his surgery was planning to continue to fight at HW but would consider BW for a title shot

Is this Bridgerweight shit really becoming a thing? I didn't believe it at first but I guess it's real now?

Rivas is the number one ranked fighter, that tells you all you need to know about it, its going down faster than Divine Brown that weight class

Wilder is an embarrasment

not as bad as the WBC though, who have installed Wilder as the number one contendor...for no reason at all

Just looked, where the fuck is Povetkin

WBC RATINGS – HEAVYWEIGHT TOP 10 – January 2021
1 Deontay Wilder US
2 Oleksandr Usyk Ukraine
3 Luis Ortiz Cuba
4 Andy Ruiz Jr. Mexico/US
5 Joe Joyce GB SILVER/EBU/BBBofC/COMM
6 Dillian Whyte Jamaica/GB
7 Joseph Parker New Zealand
8 Michael Hunter US
9 Filip Hrgovic Croatia
10 Charles Martin US

Last edited:
Seeing rumours on Twitter that Wilder isn't fighting Martin because he's demanding 8 figures.

Heard anything about that? @LazaRRus

He's went nuts. Crazy demands doesn't train like he's supposed to, ect..
There wasn't any reliable source behind it so I was sceptical. It really wouldn't surprise me though

Back