Derrick Lewis had two torn shoulders and two ear infections going into the Almeida fight

don't ask

Special Secretary of Shitposting
@red
Reaction score
And it was also his first fight in Brazil, which is a "unique environment" according to the commentators of Lewis vs Nascimento. Then they assured us he wasn't making excuses, so I kind of laughed at that.

I'm always excited when a true elite joins MMA and so I was enthused to see Despaigne's second UFC fight, but right now it looks like he could get murdered by competent grapplers. Him vs Almeida would be something.

Ferreira vs Rebecki was a treat. What a dismantling. I can't even imagine what it's like to find yourself in the cage when you realize you've got some real holes in your hype and no ability to fix them before you lose.

Ferreira vs Rebecki was a treat. What a dismantling. I can't even imagine what it's like to find yourself in the cage when you realize you've got some real holes in your hype and no ability to fix them before you lose.
He is too tough for his own good. At some point I sent my son out of the room so he couldn’t watch that massacre. I don’t think he will ever be the same after that. I did not enjoy that much tbh. A ko would have been mercy.

He is too tough for his own good. At some point I sent my son out of the room so he couldn’t watch that massacre. I don’t think he will ever be the same after that. I did not enjoy that much tbh. A ko would have been mercy.
I don't think it needed to be that bad, tbh. He never adjusted his stance, no matter how badly his face was getting busted up. A more defensive guard would have saved him some damage, but he kept his hands down the entire time. I took that as a sign that he's not a fighter that can adapt to the fight if he fails to control it.

Black Beast completed the Dead & Deaf quest in Fallout and got the reward perk. -25% to movement speed and sound is muffled, but you get +2 to Luck and +50% to melee critical hit.

Might as well list three torn shoulders and three ear infections
Vga6veS.gif

I feel like Lewis likes to lean into the injuries and sound like he's washed up to lull his opponents. He's like a rope-a-dope. The guys that buy into how bad he is come in sloppy and get caught. It's really an interesting approach to the game, "appear weak when you're strong" -Sun Tzu.

In lewis' defense.. he didn't make any of these injuries public so doesn't really sound like he's just making h excuses, especially since he wants to run it back and fight Almeidia again.

Back