Despite 3rd KO loss in a row, JDS refuse to retire.

His chin is clearly gone.

War jds one of my all time favorite fighters but he needs to retire.

He's gotta take a bit a bit like he did after the Miocic title fight and fight a few lower ranked guys. And he also needs to evolve his game, use more wrestling and BJJ like he said, this fight over the weekend was a perfect scenario to do so.

JDS problems began when he seperated from a woman that looked like could be his mother.

Coincidence? I thibk not!

There was a moment where he got clipped and didn't do his dropping the hands and sitting back on the cage thing he always does; but rather kept his guard up and circled away. It gave me hope he actually learned something. However, by round 2, he reverted back to his old ways

If Boser or Gane win there next fights, they should get next crack at JDS

Might as well stay for the payday, he’s already been KO’d a lot so it’s not like he has to save face on anything

I honestly think that JDS' last three losses aren't a true reflection of his recent improvement. That has to be frustrating.

At the same time, the cautious/technical strategy can be just as dangerous as the berserker strategy. He's bound to get clipped hard at some point by decent strikers, even if he executes nearly flawlessly.

Maybe he should double down on the berserker strategy like the JDS of old and current Ngannou. Throwing 50/50 bombs may be better than the alternative at this point.

Let's see that old man power, Junior.

Not good when a striker loses his chin.

JDS v. Tuivasa next

Awesome person and fighter but he’s a tad delusional

How can he not understand why he’s losing lmao

He needs to lose a little muscle mass and drop to LHW, or horsemeat in the B leagues like ViTRTor
<{you!}>

Hope he takes a big step down in competition then

Sad part is he's probably still better than Blaydes, Rozen and BB but just can't take a shot anymore. Pretty sure he'd be right behind Stipe, DC and Ngannou if he still had a chin.

Struve is the fight to make at this stage

Bad streaks are common at HW. Will he be HW champ? Probably not but he can easily earn a title shot with 2 or 3 wins. Again, if your only goal is to be champ then you're in it for the wrong reasons. There can only be one champ. You go out there and do what you do best and love to do which is fight. Winning the belt is just a result but should never be the ultimate goal. If JDS is enjoying good fights and making good money then that's good enough. Anyone who doesn't do what they love won't understand. We don't pick up a hobby and passion just to be the best. We do it cuz we love it. Let him enjoy fighting. It's not like he's getting BJ Penn'd or Chuck Liddell'd.

He’s still a solid fighter. Lewis has been looking strong and people forget what JDS did to him not too long ago.

He’s not elite in the HW ranks these days but I could see him winning against most of the non top-tier guys. I think that he definitely should be mixing in takedowns and grappling as he alluded to. He has underrated wrestling and I think it would make him much more effective if he had opponents worrying about the takedown and ground and pound instead of expecting that he’s just going to stand and throw hands for the duration.

He looked good till he got caught by a guy who's known for his knock out power.

Other HWs have come back from worse. I do think he needs to build up his neck muscles though (his neck looked pretty skinny in comparison to his body last weekend), might help take some of the impact of those HW punches.

he doesn't have the confidence anymore. i don't care what he says, it shows big time in the fights. he's tentative, and even when he does let his hands go the way he throws looks much more desperate than he ever did when he was in his prime. it's like he's throwing hard punches but he's just hoping they do something, instead of when in his prime he was throwing punches like he knew what was going to happen before. he could counter well back then and his flurries were all very precise. now it's just, "throw big punches and hope to god someone walks into them and gets KO'd".

Back