Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

Destiny 2 will run at 4K and 60fps on both the Xbox Series X and PS5, and 1080p and 60fps on the Xbox Series S. A few other features, including a field-of-view slider and, of course, faster load times are also being promised. Here are a few more details:

• We are offering Field of View customization on consoles for the first time. Our goal is to enable a FOV range similar to that on PC. We’re currently testing these settings to ensure smooth performance across each platform and will have additional details closer to launch.
  • There will be noticeable improvements to things like loading the game and inspecting character inventory. However, some load times are dependent on networking and matchmaking. So, loading activities still takes time while you search for opponents.
  • For cross-generation play, Xbox Series X|S players can play with Xbox One players. PlayStation 5 players can play with PlayStation 4 players.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49650

Classic Destiny DLC launch. Stuck in a queue. Back to Valorant I guess.

Especially when you go backwards. I was at like 2500 and now I'm back at 8000. Neat.

Classic Destiny DLC launch. Stuck in a queue. Back to Valorant I guess.

Especially when you go backwards. I was at like 2500 and now I'm back at 8000. Neat.
It's been doing that all day. I only got through the initial fucking mission on Europa then got sent to orbit so I don't even know if there was a fucking cutscene after you save Variks.

It's been doing that all day. I only got through the initial fucking mission on Europa then got sent to orbit so I don't even know if there was a fucking cutscene after you save Variks.
I finally got in and now I'm getting 2 frames per second, that's not even an exaggeration. During a cinematic? What the fuck..

Last edited:
Was messing around in the "old" Cosmodrome.

"Hm, I wonder if I can go down there..."

"Of course not. What was I thinking?"

Bought the DLC and i am back in this for now.

Expecting my PS5 tomorrow so not sure how much i'll be playing with this.

So far not bad but it's usually with a new DLC. Servers have been acting weird though. Getting booted every once in a while . I was near the end of a campaign mission (fighting the boss) and it booted me out. It annoyed me because i was under-levelled but wanted to see if i could beat it. Almost and the fucker server booted me. I was NOT happy!!!!... anyway i went online and found a spot to level up for the soft cap. Re-did that level today easily... Meh.

I am enjoying the new dlc but it is hard...at least for me. Got wiped over and over til the fireteam rage quit on a normal strike. Buddy and me keep getting wrecked in one of the story missions we are stuck on. Cruicble is way wonky with the new powers. Ive had witherhoard as my primary for a long time and it bugged out and is unavailable currently so i feel like im starting from scratch. My hands are so used to my rambo combo move of sprint, jump, witherhoard, nade, autorifle.

I am enjoying the new dlc but it is hard...at least for me. Got wiped over and over til the fireteam rage quit on a normal strike. Buddy and me keep getting wrecked in one of the story missions we are stuck on. Cruicble is way wonky with the new powers. Ive had witherhoard as my primary for a long time and it bugged out and is unavailable currently so i feel like im starting from scratch. My hands are so used to my rambo combo move of sprint, jump, witherhoard, nade, autorifle.

You are under-levelled.

Goto EDZ and run one of the lost sector (as soon you land on Trostland goto down the street on the left side of the cathedral and then make a left into the first doorway inside a building then immediately right to go down to that lost sector). Run that over and over again till you get to a high enough level to continue. Put on gear that speeds up your grenade and/or super regen and a sword. I alternated between using my super against the Lost world boss and sword. If you don't find any heavy bricks and you're running low on swords, fast travel to a Public Event Flag hit that and then go back into the Lost Sector. Or time it so you do the Public Event and then go back. I levelled up to 1130 or so then plowed through the story solo (after I got stuck cause the enemies were too strong).

Last edited:
Pro's:
Story was OK, and I'm not upset about how long it was. I think they missed a couple of opportunities to push some themes, but it is what it is.
Europa is solid, really enjoy the weather system.
I dig the patrol changes.
Stasis is growing on me.

Con's:
Sunsetting bombed as expected.
Vaulted Content makes the game feel kind of empty.
Stasis in PVP is rough.

My main concern is going to be "what is the grind?" This deff falls between Forsaken and Shadowkeep for me, but overall it seems decent so far.

Stasis somehow manages to make pvp even worse. It's actually sort of impressive. Bungie actually thought people would enjoy being unable to move and being practically one shot due to aoe melee and grenades. Amazing.

Back