News Devin Clark and Abubakar Nurmagomedov released.

im-out-goodbye.gif

I'm fine with this. Abubakar was always the runt of the Nurmagomedov litter, very inactive, and pulled out of multiple fights. He didn't have any wins to write home about in the UFC and I'm sure his fighting style didn't win him many fans, either.

Clark had a weird career. He always seemed a tad undersized for 205 (especially considering the way he likes to fight), but his massive tree trunk thighs were too big for Middleweight lol. The rap on him was that he was this dominant collegiate wrestler... but he rarely managed to implement an impressive/dominant takedown-heavy gameplan, even against fairly low-level competition. He got stifled a lot of the time and instead resorted to this weird outside kickboxing/point-fighting style or the total opposite where he'd crash forward with looping shots and force clinch control against the cage to try and grind out wins. He's always been super hit-or-miss and while his style allows him to shut down certain undeveloped dudes, against others he just looks awful himself and tends to get hurt pretty bad.

Gonna miss saying that guys name
A-booba-car

I think Abubakar is the most awesome one out of bathtub. He just wanted to play video games.

A gatekeeper as in one that gatekeeps the rankings. If you beat Clark it meant you were gonna be ranked. He's beaten Menifield and Da Un Jung.
Difference of opinion then, for me it's a Cerrone or Tavares type. But there's probably gate keeping for different stages in the rankings.

Difference of opinion then, for me it's a Cerrone or Tavares type. But there's probably gate keeping for different stages in the rankings.

Tavares I can understand and agree but Cowboy being a gatekeeper is asinine.

1708047581067.png

How can someone who was ranked #2 in deepest division then and fought for the title be a gatekeeper? Cowboy was a legit contender and has beaten some of the best LWs ever like Eddie and Benson.

Tavares I can understand and agree but Cowboy being a gatekeeper is asinine.

View attachment 1029640

How can someone who was ranked #2 in deepest division then and fought for the title be a gatekeeper? Cowboy was a legit contender and has beaten some of the best LWs ever like Eddie and Benson.
Late stage Cowboy ended up a gatekeeper, prime he was absolutely a dangerous contender

What? I thought you were Mr. Fight Watcher, goofing on people who do fight finder research.

Check this out, LindyBrah (what kind of a dumb fucking name is that btw):

Abubakar 2 of 4 fights on PPV

Devin Clark: 4 PPV fights plus a UFC on Fox.

gtfo noob.
Clark has never main carded on a PPV that wasn’t at the Apex lol. Or headlined a fight night that wasn’t at the Apex

I mean he only lost to top fighters his first 5 or so years so I guess they were giving him benefit of the doubt lol
Sometimes a guy like that is useful. If they call him and he's reliable...

Abubakar last finish win was when Obama was in office. Literally. Pull it up Jamie. One of most boring fighters ever. I know Khabib, Usman and Umar have a group chat without him talking shit. "No way we're related bratha look this guy another decision"

Devin was LHW best gatekeeper for years but he's done now
"Islam is my cousin who TF are you homie"- Khabin Nurmagomedov

Zac Pauga is cut too. No surprises there, he was a proper washout after TUF.

Khabib haters just bitter that he never lost, they just spend the rest of their lives trying to get their licks in on him and anyone remotely associated with him lol.

Yes but ask yourself why they're overly criticizing him, because like you said it's not like he had the worst record. IMO they just taking the opportunity to shit on a Nurmagomedov. In reality his release doesn't even warrant any comment, he wasn't a star or seen as a serious prospect.

<36>

Yes but ask yourself why they're overly criticizing him, because like you said it's not like he had the worst record. IMO they just taking the opportunity to shit on a Nurmagomedov. In reality his release doesn't even warrant any comment, he wasn't a star or seen as a serious prospect.

People just love to shit on others. It's sad. It was the same with Conor though. Anybody associated with him got hated on big time. Even Gunnar Nelson, who never really done anything to deserve any hate, IMO. Nor Artem for the most part, though I know some will will not agree with me on that.

I'm sure some are Khabib haters, but I think many are just people who use any excuse to shit on someone, especially fighters. And him supposedly not living up to his name, so to speak, is reason enough for many people to shit on him. Some might even be "fans" of Khabib, but think he doesn't deserve to be associated with him.

It's the same mentality that people use when they say "X doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Y". It's immature and dumb, to say the least. And it definitely doesn't come from a place of happiness.

This thread just reminded me of what happened to Devin’s teeth in the Cutelaba fight 🤮

I've never looked forward to a fucking Devin Clark fight. Now, they only have 300 more cutes left to go.

it doesn't seem like they hate Khabib, it just seemed like they wanted to shit on Abubakar, because they said things like "he's getting kicked out of Dagestan for having such a bad record" or "must suck to be in a family of champs and you can't even keep your UFC contract" i just think it's strange because his record isn't that bad and the vast majority of fighters don't become a champion. he has a respectable record especially for MMA and he's an ok fighter. they're acting like he's a complete trash tomato can.
I mean, his two UFC wins were against Gooden and Omargadzhiev, always looked bad and made Zawada look like Werdum when they fought. Also flubbed against Kusch in PFL.

He's in the same spot as someone like Zubaira, only that I'd argue Zubaira acquitted himself better than Abubakar ever did.

I enjoyed watching Abubakar fight - he ain't a rockstar, but has skills and his fights are entertaining enough.

Back