Diakiese vs Vannatta 2nd fight on the prelims this weekend?

Line up may not be final, its only monday...

Must be amistake, this fight has co-main event material. It should at least be prelims headliner.

They have a combined 2 wins in 9 fights recently

I agree that the fight could be exciting but they were on the verge of being cut before their last victories

The card is low key pretty stacked

I think they put fights like this on the prelims because they know they're going to be good and it will help sell the PPV if people are watching it and enjoying the event, which wouldn't be the same with fights that didn't deliver.

I agree with the sentiment though, Diakase just signed a new contract with the UFC not that long ago so I think this is his first fight in his new contract if I'm not mistaken.
This is not a PPV card tho.

Lansberg still not cut?

She won her last fight and looked great

tenor.gif

This is not a PPV card tho.

Yeah I was thinking that as writing it (I'm in the UK so don't get the whole PPV thing in the US properly) however don't they have additional subscriptions for ESPN+ where the main card goes or something? I was thinking along those lines :)

firstly, theres really no prelims as its all on ESPN+

secondly, i feel like we see this for just about every event now. Lets say there is a ppv, with a televised prelims on ESPN, and early prelims on ESPN+. i guess some sherdoggers havent noticed, but they will typically put the better fights on ESPN+ and the televised portion might get one or two names to main event the TV portion, but weaker overall. then the ppv will get their guys.

its a strategy to get more ppl to purchase espn+. they dont need to entice ppl as much anymore to order the ppv as much as they need to get them to get espn+ first.

im not sure why ppl are complaining. compared to the last card, this is ppv worthy. lol. its not a bad card at all, really.

first time ufc will be in copenhagen or denmark (one of the nicest cities in europe imo). also, interesting to point out, first fighter from uzbekistan on the card, i believe.. makhmud muradov.

i really wish thiago alves was still facing gunnar nelson, but gilbert burns may actually make it a better grappling matchup

UFC bout orders have made no sense in some time. At worst it’s a prelim headliner. I prefer cards to flow into the main event with the fights progressively getting bigger.

Vannata has 1 win in his last 5 fights, and it was against a guy who clearly doesn't belong in the UFC. Why should the UFC be pushing either of these guys?
Groovy's record is obviously not the full story though is it? Many of those were FOTN... & everyone knows he got robbed vs. Green. (ie... a knee to the shoulder of a downed opponent is actually legal Herb. o_O)

Making a point by simply quoting his record is a bit of an uneducated cheap shot imo...

f4DuSUL.jpg

Back