Dick / Not a dick

Be honest, was he surprised you didn't make it? Nearly anyone would have called if it was out of character for you to be late. The fact he didn't, makes it seem likely this isn't unusual for you, and he decided to let you live with the consequences of being irresponsible. Good for him.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not his "responsibility", but he definitely went light on the effort.

Unless, you guys scheduled yourself so tight, he didn't have time, I would have banged on your door or asked the front desk to call your room (in case your phone died or was on silent or something).

Since he did more than nothing, though, your leverage to bring it up is low.

He probably should have called you, but you can't be the one to complain about it.

So yesterday I overslept and missed my flight which resulted in me being on standby and luckily getting the last seat on the last plane of the day 12 hours after the flight I missed.

The person I was traveling with only sent one text to see if I were awake, as we were meeting in the lobby of the hotel that morning to go to the airport, before he left.

He is someone I have known for 20 plus years and who I would consider a friend of mine although we socialize mostly through our profession but he had just invited me and another coworker to come to his house and barbecue.

I understand him leaving but I am kinda pissed that he didn’t at least try to call a few times as there was ample time to get to the airport.

Is he a dick for not calling me to make sure I woke up?

wtf are you trying to say here?
you didnt wake up the day of a flight, what kind of adult does this?
and you're trying to throw some blame on your work friend for "only" calling you once?

100% on you my friend. you fucked up, now get over it.

I wish i could do that that is my first reaction before i have to go in mom mode to wake you up. Get your thingsnin order.

wtf are you trying to say here?
you didnt wake up the day of a flight, what kind of adult does this?
and you're trying to throw some blame on your work friend for "only" calling you once?

100% on you my friend. you fucked up, now get over it.
Wtf is wrong with you peoples comprehension?
I’m not blaming him and he didn’t call once.

Learn to read

So yesterday I overslept and missed my flight which resulted in me being on standby and luckily getting the last seat on the last plane of the day 12 hours after the flight I missed.

The person I was traveling with only sent one text to see if I were awake, as we were meeting in the lobby of the hotel that morning to go to the airport, before he left.

He is someone I have known for 20 plus years and who I would consider a friend of mine although we socialize mostly through our profession but he had just invited me and another coworker to come to his house and barbecue.

I understand him leaving but I am kinda pissed that he didn’t at least try to call a few times as there was ample time to get to the airport.

Is he a dick for not calling me to make sure I woke up?
He should have called but you should have set an alarm on your phone. If you are a person who has difficulty waking up, set several alarms. Most phones allow multiple alarms being set. If you don't wake for the alarm on the phone you probably wouldn't wake up for a phone call either.

this has to be a troll job lol no one can actually exist that has this kind of mindset

oh i missed my flight because i'm irresponsible and slept right through it
FUCK MY FRIEND, HE'S A DICK
You must be retarded.

He should have called but you should have set an alarm on your phone. If you are a person who has difficulty waking up, set several alarms. Most phones allow multiple alarms being set. If you don't wake for the alarm on the phone you probably wouldn't wake up for a phone call either.
All I am asking is if it’s dickish to not even make an effort.

I am not blaming anyone but myself for missing the flight.

I did set alarms on my phone.
When I woke, the alarm screen was active but making no sound even though my phone wasn’t in silent mode and the volume was all the way up.

this has to be a troll job lol no one can actually exist that has this kind of mindset

oh i missed my flight because i'm irresponsible and slept right through it
FUCK MY FRIEND, HE'S A DICK
It feels like the type of "problem" that might affect the type of "adult" whose mom still does his laundry.

I thought I made it clear that I’m not blaming him. I am not pissed that he left without me.

I am asking if it is a dick move for a friend to not make a phone call or two in an attempt to wake you up while he’s taking an Uber to the airport.

It's a dick move to even insinuate this was his problem and not yours.

I get where you are coming from, TS

Sure, you are ultimately responsible for the situation. That is very obvious. I would say he should have attempted to call and such. I mean, it isn't too much to ask for a call or two to see if you're up and at em. I would for my friends, and they would for me. Maybe just see it as a lesson that co-workers are not really your friend friend. Just don't try and hold a grudge or anything.

Back