Did anyone else feel guilty on Thanksgiving?

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So yesterday, I went to a Hotel buffet with the fam, and gorged on prime rib, turkey, sea bass, stuffing, pie, shrimp, sushi, ham, ice cream, crab legs, etc etc. And a thought occurred to me: there are homeless people out on the street right now that don't have anything to eat. While everyone in this restaurant is enjoying this pagan feast, some people are reduced to eating canned stringbeans.

Something is definitely wrong with the world. Anyone else feel guilty?

Discuss.

just cause others suffer means you can't do shit .. screw that I mean I feel for people but I'm not going to feel bad about doing stuff they can't

just cause others suffer means you can't do shit .. screw that I mean I feel for people but I'm not going to feel bad about doing stuff they can't

7a2ccb6b221ed6d63e045116d1165a80.jpg

Thought this thread was about you know ... destroying a civilization with war, famine, disease.

but nope, its about hobos.

Most people are lazy pieces of shit who don't want to lift a finger or spend a dollar to help other people. Don't feel guilty TS, do something to help people. Or just sit there and feel guilty, still more than most losers on this site.

Most people are lazy pieces of shit who don't want to lift a finger or spend a dollar to help other people. Don't feel guilty TS, do something to help people. Or just sit there and feel guilty, still more than most losers on this site.

Im just one man. I can't make a difference.

Me and my wife work fn hard so that we can have what we have and do what we do and I refuse to feel bad about my own existence. I adopt families for christmas I give to charity but youll drive yourself crazy if you let the ills of the world wash over you at all times and sometimes all you can do is live your life.

there used to not be nearly as many homeless as there are today. and the reason for this, is because the government stopped helping those with mental disorders, which is a huge reason why there are homeless in the first place. mental institutions stopped receiving funding, decided that mental disorders are not actually disorders, and people are just, "different", and released them onto the public. these are folks that should not be out on the street, and really, not in public in general. these are the folks who yell and scream on the bus, get WAY too close to you in public, and are a general nuisance. they should be taken cared of by us all as a society.

Thought this thread was about you know ... destroying a civilization with war, famine, disease.

but nope, its about hobos.
it blows my mind that white americans can still celebrate thanks giving guilt free knowing what their ancestors have done to the natives of the land they live in

it blows my mind that white americans can still celebrate thanks giving guilt free knowing what their ancestors have done to the natives of the land they live in

Its us Canadians too.

no guilt. i work hard for what i have and what im working hard to get in the future. there is some satisfaction to be had by earning something through hard work.

How about all the unnecessary pain and suffering you imposed on the sentient animals you killed for a stupid festivity? Feel anything in that regard TS?

No. Because animals have no souls

no guilt. i work hard for what i have and what im working hard to get in the future. there is some satisfaction to be had by earning something through hard work.

So poor people don't work hard? A single mother with 2 kids who works 2 jobs who still can't afford a feast for her family.. doesn't work hard?

Did not know the pilgrims were pagans. Thanks for the info.

I have met many homeless folk in Milwaukee... And there are more than enough places and times for them to get a repast that is beyond adequate.

Thanksgiving celebrates peace, not the genocide of native americans. Should we hold a funeral instead?

So poor people don't work hard? A single mother with 2 kids who works 2 jobs who still can't afford a feast for her family.. doesn't work hard?

A feast?
If you're poor then you'll have to settle for a meal. Why use 'feast'?
That's like saying "poor people don't have adequate means of transportation because they don't have luxury cars'

Back