Did Arnold Schwarzenegger in his physical prime have the best body?

Did he have the best body?

• Total voters
The thing is early BBs like Arnold and Lou did compete in some strength sports and were more functional than the mass monsters who followed them. They even jogged! Crazy, right?

I'm not saying they were some CrossFit or powerlifting elites, but many could actually do more than just showing off their (admittedly hard earned) bulk.
Franco and Lou were in one of the first World's Strongest Man comps. Was it the fridge-carry that almost killed Franco? Djeez, that was scary.

Edit: yup, the fridge-carry.

Dislocated his left knee.

if u asked me wich bodybuilders past or present i wanted to have a body like
obviously arnolds

Body building needs to get back to those standards.

None of these roid monkeys have aesthetically pleasing bodies. If you want to actually look good you should be aiming for Brad Pitt in Fight Club physique.
I thought he was more buff in Snatch....

As for Arnold, he was neck and neck with Frank Zane, and it was his size that won him all them Olympias. Personally I was a fan of guys like Zane and Paris. Another guy who had what I considered an ideal asthetic was Greg Plitt
uC4uPtD.jpg

Up until that train derailed his career. ;)

Frank Zane was always my favorite golden era bodybuilder.

IMO Serge Nubret is guy who was pretty underrated and doesn't get much recognition these days.

rqumbfnwqro21.png

Any of the top guys from the 60s or 70s easily are better than anyone from the 90s onward.

The mass monsters are just gross and no one in "classic physique" today are as good as the Golden Era guys.

images

I always liked Columbu’s physique better.
His back, legs, and symmetry along with ideal size were great.

At 5 8 I could identify with his physique more.

He's not even 5'5".....probably a weak 5'4". Stallone and Frank Zane even towered him and they are short.

He's too short to match the symmetry of someone like Arnold.

arnold-schwarzenegger-franco-columbu-and-sylvester-stallone-750x422.png

7if6cxvtuyj31.jpg

I guess it depends on an individual’s ideal. I would say that his physique is probably the most appealing to the most people on the mass monster/ past normal human end of the spectrum. I think many people find his prime physique appealing whereas top end bodybuilders from the 80’s on with their ultra massive and shredded physiques probably only appeal to bodybuilders to a higher degree.

Nope, Yoel looks like he could kill a man with ease. Bodybuilders look like gas walking up the stairs. Very few women find bodybuilders attactive either.

Too bad the thread is about best body not best fighter. Try to keep up.

Too bad the thread is about best body not best fighter. Try to keep up.
What defines best.. form follows function and defines best to some..
Other people go to super gay threads and act arrogant about what's best, thus making them look like king of homos.

I don't know about the single best body ever, but it was certainly a sight to behold.

When being judged by men: Arnold wins

When being judged by women: Frank Zane

I guess it depends on an individual’s ideal. I would say that his physique is probably the most appealing to the most people on the mass monster/ past normal human end of the spectrum. I think many people find his prime physique appealing whereas top end bodybuilders from the 80’s on with their ultra massive and shredded physiques probably only appeal to bodybuilders to a higher degree.
It's the proportions that I find amazing. I don't want to be that big but I'd love to have that shape. When I was bodybuilding I'd have great arms, shoulders, calves, and a lean waist. Decent v taper too. 48 chest 32 waist. My pecs just didn't develope anything like the rest of me. I have since swapped to powerlifting and my chest grew a lot but still doesn't have that shape.

It's the proportions that I find amazing. I don't want to be that big but I'd love to have that shape. When I was bodybuilding I'd have great arms, shoulders, calves, and a lean waist. Decent v taper too. 48 chest 32 waist. My pecs just didn't develope anything like the rest of me. I have since swapped to powerlifting and my chest grew a lot but still doesn't have that shape.
For sure he had naturally amazing shape both structurally and in terms of length/shape of his muscles.

Classic physique was created because most people had enough of those freakish muscle and no aesthetics.

classic-physique-2020-prediction.jpg

Not sure what you are saying here? Is it that it became too easy to look like Arnold so they went for size instead?

Back