Did Conor Receive Brain Trauma During the Bout?

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/9/1/1...ic-brain-injury-tko-loss-floyd-mayweather-mma

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/articl...wasnt-fatigued-he-was-at-risk-of-brain-damage

1503953255229-GettyImages-839697146.jpeg

Was Conor stumbling and bumbling because of fatigue? Or did he receive head trauma?

You're a bit late. Lots of threads on this.

To answer your question: it isn't "either/or". It's both:

Yes, he ate shots and thus received head trauma.
Yes, he was fatigued.

So you think both? Someone mentioned his accent had changed during interviews right after the fight, is that true?

So you think both? Someone mentioned his accent had changed during interviews right after the fight, is that true?
I didn't notice that. I didn't notice any visible signs of head trauma post-fight. His speech seemed fine to me. I was actually surprised he was so upbeat. Made me think he never truly expected to win the fight.

And I'm not certain I saw signs of head trauma in the fight either. He might have got rocked at some point but if he was, it wasn't clear. I'm saying he received head trauma because he ate some big shots, regardless of whether or not they rocked him.

He was fatigued from Floyds composure.
Had zero to do with punches, that would be absurd!

The number of clean shots he took to the head ?

Yeah I'd bet that there's certainly some long lasting damage that happened in this fight.

He had a strange voice when he talked after the fight was over.

Listen to 10 seconds, please.
Does he sound ok to you? Seriously.

EDIT: those are some of the communication disorder due to brain trauma:

A brain injury can affect our communication abilities by impairing hearing, the muscle movements of speech, or the cognitive processes that turn our thoughts into words.

Communication problems vary, depending on an individual's personality, pre-injury abilities, and the severity of the brain damage. Typical effects may include:
  • slow or slurred speech
  • difficulty swallowing
  • drooling or a nasal tone
  • problems with finding the right words
  • trouble with understanding others.

Hahah your the biggest hater. Keep going if that makes you happy. Nobody gives a fuck about your opinion.

Yeah, unfortunately for his "I was just tired" excuse, there are lots of other sports where people also get tired, so we all know what fatigue looks like, and it doesn't seem to lead to them stumbling around as they're being beaten about the head like they just chugged a bottle of Notorious whiskey.

That's the fight game. Only a fool would fight and expect to come out unscathed, which is why fighters should never overstay their welcome.

I posted this in another thread and will put it here too:

Rotational force is key in concussion. Punches in boxing can deliver more rotational force to the head than the typical impact in American football.[26]

Football where the biggest MFers hit each other full force with their bodies. Conor took the equivalent of getting ear holed 20 times in the last minute of the fight alone.

Last edited:

Listen to 10 seconds, please.
Does he sound ok to you? Seriously.

EDIT: those are some of the communication disorder due to brain trauma:

A brain injury can affect our communication abilities by impairing hearing, the muscle movements of speech, or the cognitive processes that turn our thoughts into words.

Communication problems vary, depending on an individual's personality, pre-injury abilities, and the severity of the brain damage. Typical effects may include:
  • slow or slurred speech
  • difficulty swallowing
  • drooling or a nasal tone
  • problems with finding the right words
  • trouble with understanding others.

And all that from a non puncher retired 40 year old brittle hand midget malteser head Floyd. Now for a mere nano second imagine what Canelo, GGG, Spence or Thurman would have done to Conor, all guys who are actual boxer punchers. It would have been brutal, no doubt Conor would have left in either a stretcher or a body bag.

It was fatigue. He was doing the same in the middle rounds v diaz 2.

You would think there would be some people on here with some actual knowledge of fighting and fatigue.

I can do 12 rounds just hitting pads in a ring with a trainer and towards the end can get a little wobbly and dizzy when you are pushing hard and NOT getting hit back.

Also if you tried to interview me afterwards i would probably be mumbling crap aswell.

Its a joke some of the shit written on here.

Fatigue does make you like that. Conor just gassed bad thats all.

The doctors coming out saying brain injury this and all that bullshit have never done any training in there life lol.

I've got a brother who is a doctor, but he has no common sense or real life experience. Especially not in actual partaking in sports.

But people eat it up. It must be true if a doctor said it. Lololol.

Doctors talk as much shit as Normal people. But people automatically take there word for it.

Conor was tired lol. He has taken more damage in mma fights than he took in that fight and no one was talking about brain injury then

Most people on here have some massive inferiority complex's about MMA compared to boxing.

floyd punched him retarded
"wasssssstilllllllll heere maaaan"

time will tell

holy-shit-gif-10.gif

mayweather_0.jpg

I never quite understand your posts :) lol. And your meme's never seem to makes sense to your answers lol.

I am actually growing to like you and your random posts now though. I never quite know if they are meant to be a joke or taken seriously ;) lol.

I never quite understand your posts :) lol. And your meme's never seem to makes sense to your answers lol.

I am actually growing to like you and your random posts now though. I never quite know if they are meant to be a joke or taken seriously ;) lol.

giphy.gif

You could barely understand what he was saying after the bout, as he was talking in a HEAVY Irish accent, more so than usual.

His face is drooping to the left.

It was fatigue. He was doing the same in the middle rounds v diaz 2.

You would think there would be some people on here with some actual knowledge of fighting and fatigue.

I can do 12 rounds just hitting pads in a ring with a trainer and towards the end can get a little wobbly and dizzy when you are pushing hard and NOT getting hit back.

Also if you tried to interview me afterwards i would probably be mumbling crap aswell.

Its a joke some of the shit written on here.

Fatigue does make you like that. Conor just gassed bad thats all.

The doctors coming out saying brain injury this and all that bullshit have never done any training in there life lol.

I've got a brother who is a doctor, but he has no common sense or real life experience. Especially not in actual partaking in sports.

But people eat it up. It must be true if a doctor said it. Lololol.

Doctors talk as much shit as Normal people. But people automatically take there word for it.

Conor was tired lol. He has taken more damage in mma fights than he took in that fight and no one was talking about brain injury then

Most people on here have some massive inferiority complex's about MMA compared to boxing.

So in other words he was punched in the head until he lost the ability to maintain balance and talk correctly?

Back