Did Daft Punk steal "Get Lucky"?

I don't hear it, they did steal shit

I hear it, how many times is Pharrell Williams gonna steal shit?

I'm sure with the ridiculous amount of useless shit on YouTube, you can make all sorts of connections

This is Daft Punk we're talking about here. Highly, highly doubt they're going to jack some can's song

I don't hear it , I'm playing get lucky right now and I think people are overreacting

I highly doubt Daft Punk is going to jack...BUT that song sounds SOO FAMILIAR. Can it be a coincidence.

The Berkelee lady is right.

Plus anyone that's played in any hippie jam band had played something like what that dude is playing. I've heard that progression plenty of times

There's nothing to this

I'm sure with the ridiculous amount of useless shit on YouTube, you can make all sorts of connections

This is Daft Punk we're talking about here. Highly, highly doubt they're going to jack some can's song

Are you at all familiar with Daft Punk's history? I mean in terms of sourcing material from other artists...

Licesing patterend sounds is lame anyway... if its enjoyed its legit... fuck money, music and licensing...

Are you at all familiar with Daft Punk's history?

I am, but if you have anything to enlighten me with, please post. Doubt it'll do much to change my feelings on this situation, but I'd be interested in anything about their back catalog

It does sound pretty similar. But it's not a direct ripoff, and there's nothing wrong with using other music as inspiration for yours. I like get lucky's music a little better than mr korea, although he does some great guitar faces in the video.

No I disagree, I'm not saying that there aren't some similarities but not enough for me to accuse Daft Punk of stealing

I think they're too similar where you can think that it was stolen. Maybe it is a coincidence though. I don't think daft punk would steal a song .

By the by the name of the Korean dude's song is pretty funny, given that the most infamous of Daft Punk's many borrowings was Robot Rock.

Also, I don't think the original video is still up; the claim that it was posted in 2011 is based on other sources that I haven't bothered to check. So I guess it is vaguely possible that Daft Punk are punking everyone with a little bit of Internet humour by creating a video based on their own tune and then circulating a rumour that they ripped it off.

From what I've read, though, it seems like the vid is probably legit and may actually be from as early as 2007.

Back