Did Herb made a good decesion by the end of the 3r round ?

Did you agree with Herb's decision not to stop the fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
To me it looked like Chris is done ,
at least done to countinue to the next rounds and be competitive .
Maybe Herb should call a tko earlier .

nop should have been stoped , those punchs took years of weidman mental health

I thought it clearly a late stoppage, there was a point no intelligent defense was happening and everything Luke was throwing connected.

I felt it should have been stopped but this is Sherdog. You stop it "EARLY STOPPAGE, YOU NEVER STOP THE CHAMP LIKE THAT FUCKING IDIOTS!!" You don't stop it "FUCKING HERB DEAN CORRUPT NEVER REF AGAIN!!"

I understand why he held off. He wanted to give a tough champion like Weidman the benefit of the doubt. But I think it should've been stopped. I've been watching MMA since it was called NHB and I've seen a lot of shit. Honestly the last minute of round 3 leading up to the opening of round 4 is up there with the most disturbing things I've seen in mma, ever. I felt like

Herb's decision (and also Weidman's decision to not give up) took time off Weidman's life and career. Without a doubt.

Weidman was covering up and while he was taking shots I don't think they warranted a stoppage. Plus the round was ending. Good call by Herb Dean. Ofcourse taking all those shots spelled doom for Weidman in Round 4. He survived Round 3, barely, but then he had nothing left.

i was surprised and happy he didn't stop it.

whatever your opinion, everyone should recognize that Herb Dean has been getting a lot of shit lately for 'early stoppages'. let's for a few seconds at least pretend that we cannot have it both ways.

If you really wana know you can examine the poll results on this very subject right here on Sherdog!

Should have stopped it.

It's not relevant to me if he thought Weidman was special enough to maybe have it in him for another round. That was too much.

I think it was a good stoppage by Herb.

To understand this you need to put it into context. Chris Weidman was the Champion and he has never been finished, so you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Of course if it were any other middle of the road fighter in a non title fight it was definitely a late stoppage.

Good stoppage. Round almost over, Weidman was "deflecting" intelligently. If it had been stopped people would have said Herb should have let the round finish out. These boys make money to fight, he gave Weidman one more chance.

I think it was a good call. It's not like Weidman couldn't get up after the round was over or got up and did the stanky leg. Yes he took a beating and it should've been stopped if it went on for another 10-15 seconds, but it's a championship fight where both guys are tough mofos.

Weidman was getting slaughtered by Rockhold, Herbert Dean made the right call.

Not mad at Herb. He often gets shit for stopping fights early. He gave Chris champ privilege. This isn't some shitty prelim fight. There's alot at stake.

I understand why he gave Chris the benefit of the doubt but if I were in his place, I'd have stopped it before the round ended. I guess he was intelligently defending himself as best as he could but it wasn't enough to stop him from being absolutely pummeled.

I get why he didn't but he should have

It's a hard job though and people will hate no matter what you do

I understand why he held off. He wanted to give a tough champion like Weidman the benefit of the doubt. But I think it should've been stopped. I've been watching MMA since it was called NHB and I've seen a lot of shit. Honestly the last minute of round 3 leading up to the opening of round 4 is up there with the most disturbing things I've seen in mma, ever. I felt like

Herb's decision (and also Weidman's decision to not give up) took time off Weidman's life and career. Without a doubt.

I'm with this guy.

Good call by Herb imo. Weidman was still defending himself and trying to fire back. The round was about to end so he was right to give the champ a chance to tough it out.

It would have definitely been a justified, clearly herb dean gave him a little extra knowing it was only seconds left in the rounds. If there had been a minute left, he would have already called it before that

It definitely should have been stopped by the end of the 3rd. Weidman took dozens of unanswered punches while mounted for over 30 seconds.

Back