Did Holloway beat prime Aldo?

Depends if people are WEC or Conor fans

He looked good before that against Edgar

nope

i think Aldo fell out of his prime 4 hours before his defeat to conor

I think Aldo looked phenomenal in their second fight, but it wasn't enough. Holloway just didn't let him breathe for a second.

No, Aldo hasn't legit finished anyone in over 5 years.

I would say Aldo was on the waning side of his Prime but still fairly close.

No prime aldo got koed in 13 seconds

Seeing as he beat up Frankie in the fight before as easily as he did when he was undoubtedly in his prime I would say he was.

No.
Many Think Aldo was still in his prime because of how well he did against Frankie, but Frankie is just a great matchup for Aldo.
Aldos prime ended with the loss to Conor.
Aldos body had already been through hell before the Conor fight. Then Conor cracked his chin and more importantly he broke him mentally imo. Aldo never recovered from what Conor did to him.

Only idiots would think otherwise. Jose Aldo has gotten BETTER, and it's very easy to see! People need to accept that a 15 year old sport isn't going have the best competitors it possibly can, and as it ages and develops, it's going to get a lot more competitive.

I think he did. Why Aldo didn't use his entire arsenal is beyond me though.

FW Goat
072_Chad_Mendes_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg
max-holloway-conor-mcgregor.jpg
20140927_jla_cs1_1190.jpg.0.jpg
usa-today-8994164.0.jpg

Aldo made his name fucking up wrestlers with one-dimensional striking. He's obviously a talented striker, but he started losing fights the moment he started facing other elite strikers such as McGregor and Holloway, and Mendes 2.0 to a degree.

I do think that younger Aldo would have better showings against Holloway, but nowhere near as dominant as he was earlier in his career.

I don’t think he did. Do you?

A solid version of Aldo but a step behind 100% on point Aldo imo.Max is just a bad match up for him.Aldo still looked very good vs Edgar,the theory that he's so much worse than before is stupid.He just hasn't evolved and the game has a lot.

I also think it's funny when people say if Aldo just used his kicks and td's vs Max he would have won.Max is so good at punishing people with a straight when they leg kick him and if Aldo spammed td's he would have gassed way faster and he knows he can't do that for 5 rounds.Max's pressure is just taxing and Aldo has to pace to go 5 strong.Just bad match up for him in so many ways.

Overall I don't think it was fully prime Aldo but close to the best version.

Back