Did John Fury cost Tyson Fury the fight? Told him to "coast"

so he only lost because he stopped fighting? i don't think that's quite the excuse he thinks it is. if he actually had done that, he would've been retarded and would've deserved to lose.

he didn't lose because of a miscalculation of the scorecards. he lost because usyk boxed his ears off and scrambled his brain in the process.

Your statement is no less ridiculous than his, Usyk didn't box Tysons ears off, and Tysons brain cant be anymore scrambled than it already is from John Furys genetics, it was a close fight where Usyk edged it out by a round or two

But hyperbole gonna run wild on both sides, some Tyson fans think he won, some Usyk fans think it was a dominant one sided beat down, reality is we saw an amazing fight between to all time greats, and it was close, with Usyk deservingly having the edge.

Your statement is no less ridiculous than his, Usyk didn't box Tysons ears off, and Tysons brain cant be anymore scrambled than it already is from John Furys genetics, it was a close fight where Usyk edged it out by a round or two

But hyperbole gonna run wild on both sides, some Tyson fans think he won, some Usyk fans think it was a dominant one sided beat down, reality is we saw an amazing fight between to all time greats, and it was close, with Usyk deservingly having the edge.

Fury is not an all time great, that's just hyperbolic. Dude beat Wilder a few times and suddenly he's one of the greatest to ever do it, absolute nonsense.

Didn't he win round 12 on all three judges' scorecards? Coasting wasn't the problem.

John needs to stay the hell away from Tyson's corner though. The guy is just such a distraction.

Fury is not an all time great, that's just hyperbolic. Dude beat Wilder a few times and suddenly he's one of the greatest to ever do it, absolute nonsense.

All that sentiment does is detract from Usyks win. Absolute nonsense.

All that sentiment does is detract from Usyks win. Absolute nonsense.

No it doesn't. Usyk was the underdog, a natural CW going up against a giant, and he almost KO'd him, and became the first person to unify at CW and HW. Usyk's resume is full of huge wins, but who on Fury's resume makes him an all time great? Wilder? Whyte? To call someone with such a weak resume an all time great is an insult to all time greats.

I thought he was looking out for his son tbh, saying stay out of danger? Maybe I read it wrong?

I couldn't believe what I was hearing when John started yelling this in the corner. Tyson needs to keep his dad well away from the corner in any future fights. Everybody but John knew that Tyson was likely behind on the cards.

of course he outboxed him, what else was happening? did the little fella win because he was stronger?

usyk is the better boxer, and it showed. the fact that it wasn't a complete blowout does not mean that fury didn't get outboxed.

usyk landed more punches in absolute numbers, and as a connect percentage. he landed more body shots. he landed more power punches. he outlanded fury in total punches in 7 rounds. he was on the front foot the majority of the fight. he scored a knockdown and had fury look like he had googly eyes.

yeah, boxing his ears off is hyperbole, obviously. but "fury only lost because he stopped fighting" is a kindergarden level excuse. one man walked his opponent down and came within an inch of knocking him out. the other supposedly didn't feel like fighting anymore after 10 rounds.

edit: and to be clear, i'm not disagreeing with you. they are both really good fighters, and it was a competitive fight. i just get irked when fury and his heels try to discredit the win.

of course he outboxed him, what else was happening? did the little fella win because he was stronger?

usyk is the better boxer, and it showed. the fact that it wasn't a complete blowout does not mean that fury didn't get outboxed.

usyk landed more punches in absolute numbers, and as a connect percentage. he landed more body shots. he landed more power punches. he outlanded fury in total punches in 7 rounds. he was on the front foot the majority of the fight. he scored a knockdown and had fury look like he had googly eyes.

yeah, boxing his ears off is hyperbole, obviously. but "fury only lost because he stopped fighting" is a kindergarden level excuse. one man walked his opponent down and came within an inch of knocking him out. the other supposedly didn't feel like fighting anymore after 10 rounds.

edit: and to be clear, i'm not disagreeing with you. they are both really good fighters, and it was a competitive fight. i just get irked when fury and his heels try to discredit the win.

I get it, I probably did come across as being a dick, but we're in complete agreement otherwise.
There's a lot of Fury fans being ridiculous, I think Usyk showed a champion heart with champion skills, he adjusted and adapted and came out on top.
I'm a Fury fan and wouldn't be upset if Usyk won the rematch, Fury has been disappointing with his shenanigans since the day Usyk was coming for him, Usyk is a great man to represent boxing, he will fight anyone anytime.

In the press conference Tyson said going into the 11th and 12th he thought he was up so did not step on the gas. He said his corner told him that he was up

During the fight John fury was constantly talking over sugar hill. sugar hill is the trainer who was not able to give clear instructions due to John.

John actually told fury he was winning and that he should "coast"
How does a corner know of their fighter is up on the cards??

Reactions: HHJ
"I coasted"
"They chose the man whose country is at war"

Any other excuses coming out?

Both guys were pretty gassed at the end. It was the punch that staggered Fury and the following punches before the standing 8 count that won Usyk the fight. He was losing the round before that. If it's 9-10 instead of 10-8 Usyk loses. Never mind how it affected the remainder of the fight.

This is a boxing match and not a fight.

No it doesn't. Usyk was the underdog, a natural CW going up against a giant, and he almost KO'd him, and became the first person to unify at CW and HW. Usyk's resume is full of huge wins, but who on Fury's resume makes him an all time great? Wilder? Whyte? To call someone with such a weak resume an all time great is an insult to all time greats.

Beating Klitschko was a much bigger achievement than beating Wilder.

Fury needed to beat guys like Joshua and Usyk to be called an all-time great though. Now it's looking like he's a top 3 heavyweight in his own era, instead of the unquestionable number one.

Beating Klitschko was a much bigger achievement than beating Wilder.
on paper, certainly. but the way in which he beat klitschko also matters, and people are quick to forget that it was one of the worst fights in HW championship history. fury runs his mouth about dominating vlad and dethroning him, but it was a 12 round staring contest that he happened to win.

not to mention all the shenanigans he pulled afterwards regarding the rematch.

i personally rate AJ's win over klitschko much, much higher than fury's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaw44
Back