Media Did Khamzat Chimaev finally bite off more than he could chew?

Rob looked in great shape, physically and mentally, against Costa. This is either gonna be a first round mogging or a knock down, drag out, competitive fight which favors Rob in the late rounds.

Tough call, but im rooting for Khamzat.

I think Whittaker is a winable fight for him. I think they're on opposite trajectories at this point, and the UFC is trying to use Whittaker to put Chimaev over.

I'm not convinced it will work out for them, but that seems to be the plan.

I hope he doesn’t bite. And get cut

Just smesh is fine

Shamzat in the desert is a LOCK
Only way he loses if he gets knocked out or injured

If Whittaker's TDD is anywhere near as good as it was against Jacare and Romero he'll give Khamzat the toughest fight he's ever had.

I like both Khamzat and Bobby but can somebody explain to me how this is supposed to be a bad style matchup for Khamzat like people have been saying? Cause I don’t see it.

Should be a great fight. Robert should win this; he has better fight IQ, better stand-up and better cardio. If he survives the fist round, which he should, he should put a beating on Khamzat.

I like both Khamzat and Bobby but can somebody explain to me how this is supposed to be a bad style matchup for Khamzat like people have been saying? Cause I don’t see it.
I think it is a bad match-up for Khamzat. Robert is well rounded and has better stand-up. He has enough ground game to prevent massive g-n-p beating or getting submitted. We saw Khamzat fade hard against Usman; 2 of the 3 judges had Usman winning the 3rd round. 1 judge had Usman winning the 2nd and 3rd.

Robert has more tools standing than Usman and will win rounds 2 and 3. Close fight - edge to Robert by UD.

And for Khamzat I don't think he bit off more than he can chew, I think this is the perfect for him at this stage of his career.
Idk who wins, but I love how compelling this fight is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back