Social Did Kristi Noem ruin her political future?

Do you agree with Kristi’s actions?

• Yes, just goat though

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pretty sure dropping a book in which you detail shooting a dog you refer to as less than worthless is going to rub even many Republicans the wrong way. Especially if you blame it on just being a normal part of rural existence

Try that in a bit city.

We don't shoot pups because they aren't good hunting.
I know. I didn't mean to imply that people did. This dog was supposedly shot for killing chickens and being aggressive.

I have a post in the thread directly addressing how to handle a hunting dog that is better off as a pet instead of a "working" dog.

Rural as in an actual farm?

Because what I gather from reading this threat is that having to deal with putting down animals in this way apparently comes up in actual farms with livestock, rather than rural settings in general.

Which is what was going to fuck this woman over before the manuscript even went to the printers. Only 2% of the US population lives on farms, and even among that tiny subset not all of them are going to be so cavalier about simply killing the animals.

yes. I spent my summers "throwing" hay and weekends in the fall unloading feed trucks.

You'd shoot a dog attacking cattle, not a puppy because it doesn't hunt well.

Shooting a dog that's killed chickens or is chasing cows IS actually part of rural existence.

Problem animals aren't tolerated by many farmers and ranchers.
It was a puppy. Why was it allowed to run around on another farm uncontrolled other than as she said, she hated that dog? And what excuses the goat getting capped in likewise fashion?

It was a puppy. Why was it allowed to run around on another farm uncontrolled other than as she said, she hated that dog? And what excuses the goat getting capped in likewise fashion?
I'm guessing hobby farm and she knows fuck all about animals

Americans used to euthanize their pets if they couldn't find a place for them to stay while they were on vacations. I've noticed that people from the third world are also less attached to pets. They like animals and will leave food and water out for strays but they'd never have cats much less large dogs running around their homes.

I obviously haven't read the book but I wonder if she mentions it as a way to highlight the difference between rural and urban living.
She said her goat was smelly so she did the same as the dog, dragged it to a gravel pit and put a bullet in it.

Smelling bad and running into shit is literally all that goats do, other than eat and make goat noises lol
This lady. What a piece of work. What kind of country gal doesn't know that goats are fucking smelly and run around butting into things?
Next up we're gonna find out she shot her rooster for being loud every morning. "It just wouldn't stop disrupting our sleep!"
Fess up, did you steal that from Stephen Colbert? ;)

She said her goat was smelly so she did the same as the dog, dragged it to a gravel pit and put a bullet in it.
*two bullets, first one didn't end it so she had to go back to her truck and get a second shell.

One of my personal litmus tests for who to vote for is who would have the cajones to kill baby Hitler.

I don't mean Obama sitting 3,000 miles away and ordering a drone to do it. I mean somebody who has the guts and conviction to straight up kill baby Hitler up close and personal.

Noem has passed that test. If you can murder a puppy, you can kill baby Hitler.

Real leadership is not always pretty. If often means having to do some terrible acts to defend your family and your country.

I'm a country boy born and raised. This was not uncommon practice. I found it to be deplorable and despicable because callousness toward life is hand in hand with country living. Mouth breathing behavior.

I've seen enough death now. I'm over it.

If that isn't something that turns you off of her, I understand even if I don't agree with it. But the fact that she was dumb enough to write about it and not recognize the consequences lets me know she's a complete buffoon.

I don't know her exact situation, but a dog that causes issues on a farm isn't long for this world if it doesn't get rehomed.

People that don't have the decency to attempt that are not admirable people.

Last edited:
One of my personal litmus tests for who to vote for is who would have the cajones to kill baby Hitler.

I don't mean Obama sitting 3,000 miles away and ordering a drone to do it. I mean somebody who has the guts and conviction to straight up kill baby Hitler up close and personal.

Noem has passed that test. If you can murder a puppy, you can kill baby Hitler.

Real leadership is not always pretty. If often means having to do some terrible acts to defend your family and your country.

So you would effectively vote for Hitler.

Genius.

<Fedor23>

But the fact that she was dumb enough to write about it and not recognize the consequences lets me know she's a complete buffoon.
This is the biggest issue here for me. She could've rehomed the dog. She could've given the goat away. But writing about this like it's some lifetime achievement? Stupid.

This is the biggest issue here for me. She could've rehomed the dog. She could've given the goat away. But writing about this like it's some lifetime achievement? Stupid.
She also sounds like she knows fuck all about training in the first place. A 14 month puppy getting excited and chasing birds that are it's natural prey in nature sounds like typical puppy behavior. There have been tons of dog owners here talking about their dog chasing and killing small animals that ventured into their yard and I had such a dog growing up as well. Prey drive is a thing you can read about on any dog website. She is the one to blame for allowing the dog around her neighbor's chickens after seeing how it behaved when taken out to hunt basically the exact same animal.

Back