Did people like the turn that 'Mumford and Sons' took last year?

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a HUGE fan.. But I do like blue-grass, and they are musically talented. Their album in 2015 was a prog-rock sound, and I'm not sure if there was single banjo on the whole CD.

Anyways, blue-grass usually sounds very soulful and melodic. I kind of always thought MAS's was missing a little of the deep soul that you get from real blue-grass, or even the more soulful songs of a DMB (if you don;t really listen to DMB, just stfu right now) album. MAS's had good albums, but again, they juuust missed for me. They couldn't hit the spot. HOWEVER, they brought some of the blue-grass soul over to their recent prog-rock sound, and for that particular genre, it sounded more soulful than average, and pretty good overall. Not spectacular, but very good for a modern 'rock' sound.

Anybody like the turn from Mumford and Son's? Or should they have stuck 100% to the banjo? (which I like, btw)

I'm sure you have heard "I will wait for you" at least 100 times.

Nah. I haven't listened to the radio in almost 20 years. I still listen to the same shit I listened to in junior high for the most part.

It's odd though, bc I hear about this band a lot, but I've just never actually heard them.

I agree with about 30% of that.. But the writer is trying to sound smarter than he is. they are missing the story-teller soul true to the genre they tried to mainstream, that's why it plays a little better as a softer rock sound.

They aren't great, but uhh, what "bands" are now a days? None of them have any fkn soul, that's why the best stations play 90's music. It's sad that "Cake" has more soul than most rock these days, because those guys were just kind of a gag, but it is what it is. Mumford and Sons are not one of my favorite bands, but I desperately want there to be music for white people still being made. My 14 year old likes the song in the OP ok, and that's good.

Thats the only song by them I am really familiar with to nameand I gotta say the rooster version is a billion times better. I Dig some blue grass and I have tried to make myself like em but it just doesnt seem to stick. I think I hate the singers voice now that im thinking about it

Being out of college now I was unaware of their transition. I never cared for them musically although that tour they did on a train a few years ago sounded pretty cool

not a fan of the new style. it's a bit generic without the bluegrass.

maybe the lead singer should just break off and do his own thing, skip the banjos and go more folk and less pop-rock.

Related to Mumford and Sons though not directly addressing the OP: Why do people hate them so much? They seem to get Nickelback/Creed levels of hate. Why is that?

I'm only familiar with that one song they had on the radio a few years ago. I don't quite get the hate. It was a catchy little tune.

I have a friend who swears they copy the Avett Brothers non stop... I don't listen to enough Mumfords to know though. Someone bought me Sigh No More on vinyl recently, but I haven't had a chance to listen.

Back