Did Shogun tap to Jones?

Snowblindlove

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have seen people say he did but its not recorded as a tap loss?

That loss was brutal for me a Shogun fan to watch

I have seen people say he did but its not recorded as a tap loss?

That loss was brutal for me a Shogun fan to watch
The same as GSP-Serra and Joanna-Rose

giphy.gif

matt-serra_georges-st-pierre.gif

Both tapped but the fight was stopped by the ref moments before that. When you are taking a beating that you can't recover from, why not tap and save some brain cells and further punishment?

giphy.gif

Both tapped but the fight was stopped by the ref moments before that. When you are taking a beating that you can't recover from, why not tap and save some brain cells and further punishment?

Some people like Wanderlei would never tap but I agree with you

giphy.gif

Joanna rose isn't as clear cut. This happens quite often.

Shogun tapped after the fight was waved off. Technically a TKO due to strikes.

2wn1laf_jpg.gif

giphy.gif

Because people think fighters should be willing to die. Sure, there are some really great come from behind victories, but the chances are small. Most people who are taking huge beatings don't bounce back in the last round. Might as well minimize the damage when you know you're beat instead of being the fighters that take a year off afterwards and are never the same.

to be fair the ref stopped it before that. but yeah i appeared he was tapping yes.

I was rooting for Jones in that fight, but being a long time fan of PRIDE, it was sad to see. He tapped to strikes, and not many fighters do that. A pride thing I guess. Shogun will always be a legend though. Also showed how great a fighter Jones was then too.

Reactions: mkt
Because people think fighters should be willing to die. Sure, there are some really great come from behind victories, but the chances are small. Most people who are taking huge beatings don't bounce back in the last round. Might as well minimize the damage when you know you're beat instead of being the fighters that take a year off afterwards and are never the same.
It comes from boxing and in boxing it's more reasonable because they can't follow you to the ground and keep hitting you. The ref gives them a 10 second count then checks to make sure they can continue if the fighter is still seeming unsteady or unable to defend themselves the ref calls off the fight, in MMA it's not remotely the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epsteins Guard
Back