Did the eye poke factor in?

XDeathClutchX

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Seems like Fiziev won round one and then after eye poke he was much more hittable, not sure if it would have changed output but it seemed to be somewhat of a turning point. Then add to that the punches that landed after that which might not have hit, took a lot out of fiziev.

Great fight either way just bummer he got poked in the eye....

Nah. Fiziev shook off the eyepoke real quick. Seemed more like a scratch right below the eye too.

Justin just broke him.

I mean, he nearly knocked Gaethje's head into the stands at the beginning of round 3 and still lost that round, 10-8 in some people's eyes.

Fiz shook it off almost immediately and barely wanted a break when it happened. It was the other eye that Justin targeted the most and looked the worst by the end of the fight.

Not really. Maybe a little but he got over it quick. I think fiziev just slowed down too much

Yeah, it threw him off pretty badly. He lost his timing imo and it took a while to adjust

Well he'd probably would have liked one fresh eye since the other one got shut

IMO Fizzy thought coming off a 5 round fight he could throw bombs for all 3 rounds, but he gassed himself mid 3rd and got pieced up

Fiz shook it off almost immediately and barely wanted a break when it happened. It was the other eye that Justin targeted the most and looked the worst by the end of the fight.
He was messing with it throughout the fight

Nope. No doctor check, fighter said he was good. Besides the poke wasn't event hat bad. A graze at best.

He was grabbing his eye a lot but it happens in the sport. Changes the course of many fights.
I thought he had R1/R2 pretty easily with a 10-9 Gaethje R3. I couldn't give him the 10-8 because of how R3 started.

He was on his way to winning the first half of round 3 but clearly slowed down and became open for shots.

Justin finished stronger in a close fight.

Learing lesson for Rafael.

Everyone makes fun of fighters "Big book of excuses" but Sherdog fans have the biggest book of excuses ever when their favorites lose.

I just wanted no controversy, and there it is.

I personally don’t think it factored in, but I don’t know that 100%.

Back