Did they make a mistake? How was that 'score' not a draw?

Do you not know what a majority decision is? Two judges gave it to Gaethje and one had it as a draw. Buffer announced it that way for maximum suspense just like how they do it for split-decisions (he could easily just say these two judges scored it for the winner by split decision...).

29-28 for Gaethe
29-28 for Rafael
and 28-28??

Two judges scored it for Justin, the third scored it a draw.
Justin Gaethje def. Rafael Fiziev via Majority Decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-28)

Do you not know what a majority decision is? Two judges gave it to Gaethje and one had it as a draw. Buffer announced it that way for maximum suspense just like how they do it for split-decisions (he could easily just say these two judges scored it for the winner by split decision...).

No he couldn't. It wasn't a split decision lol

I think he announced it like:
1st judge scored it 29-28 for Gaethe
2nd judge scored it 29-28
3rd judge scored it 28-28

Buffer screwed up his announcement though because he said 29-28 Gaethje then 29-28 and 28-28 so when he said winner my majority decision I knew that it was Gaethje

ya i thought it was a draw too the way he said it

No he couldn't. It wasn't a split decision lol
I am making an analogy lol keep up. When it is a split decision does Buffer the two judges who scored the winner first or does he state the judges who had different winners first? Same idea with how he announced the majority decision... suspense.

its buffers fault majority scorecards are suppose to say the draw score before the 29-28 do you even watch combat sports bro

Buffer fucked it. He said 29-28 gaethjie and then I was expecting him to say 29-28 fiziev but he didbn't.

Buffer screwed up his announcement though because he said 29-28 Gaethje then 29-28 and 28-28 so when he said winner my majority decision I knew that it was Gaethje
Right but you would know even faster if he stated the two cards for Gaethje first. I guess he could have had the first Gaethje card, the draw, and then the second Gaethje card but that's a minor quibble at best and hardly a screw-up. Majority decisions are so rare that there is no well-established protocol.

Back