Did this lower Joe Rogans stock worth to you? (awful clip)

TS is living on another planet. I get the impression that his self-worth is deeply tied to being a "kicking expert", so it is just not possible for him to admit that he isn't very good. Just can't wrap his head around something that is obvious to everyone who watches/laughs at his videos.

I found a post from 2017 where he says he is a red stripe (a blue belt with a red stripe). Now he is a red belt. That's slow progress! If it really is so important for TS to be a kicking expert, then I would suggest he spend more time in the gym. Just talking about it isn't doing the trick.

You seem very obsessed about someone you think is crappy

TS is living on another planet. I get the impression that his self-worth is deeply tied to being a "kicking expert", so it is just not possible for him to admit that he isn't very good. Just can't wrap his head around something that is obvious to everyone who watches/laughs at his videos..

Show your roundhouse kick, ball of the foot, to the air.

I've competed, and those kicks are legit. At over 50 years old Rogan's kicks are far more powerful than mine. Granted, I'm a wrestler with mediocre leg kicks at best, but those kicks are hard as fuck. The guy holding the pads does him no favors, but you can still see the power.

I love you guys. His kicks are pretty standard for TKD of the level he was at. But I'm glad a wrestler was impressed.

Well, the video you posted of yourself and the handful of replies I've read have sealed the deal for me.

Will not come back to this thread.

You seem very obsessed about someone you think is crappy
I'm interested in the Dunning-Kruger effect that says, roughly, people of low competence lack the tools to recognize their incompetence.

I love you guys. His kicks are pretty standard for TKD of the level he was at. But I'm glad a wrestler was impressed.
You've never even fought dork

I can't count how many dudes that have came into our gym that were "martial artists" that had worse stand up your typical newb college or HS wrestler that's never even thrown hands outside of a few street fights growing up. I've had guys like you come in that I could literally put in a school yard head lock before dragging them out back and stuffing grass in their mouths after I ripped the rim off their underwear.

Give it a rest man....SMH

You've never even fought dork

I can't count how many dudes that have came into our gym that were "martial artists" that had worse stand up your typical newb college or HS wrestler that's never even thrown hands outside of a few street fights growing up. I've had guys like you come in that I could literally put in a school yard head lock before dragging them out back and stuffing grass in their mouths after I ripped the rim off their underwear.

Give it a rest man....SMH

I was out with a buddy who asked if I could walk through a dark park with him and his sister just out of a sadistic pleasure if somebody would touch us. Instead of taking the street route with lights.. and I agreed to it:D

In retrospect pretty stupid but he got a kick out of it.

You've already professed to be better than GSP and Rogan. I feel like the only way to impress you would be to kick like a retard.

You linked a clip of Joe valentinni who threw a round kick in the air lower and slower and worse than I did. No contest. Why do you hold me to higher than standards than professional fighters? Just admit you worship celebrities. You can nitpick my technique all you want. I trained two-three times a week 1 hour, and we certainly did a lot of other stuff than just throw kicks.

You linked a clip of Joe valentinni who threw a round kick in the air lower and slower and worse than I did. No contest. Why do you hold me to higher than standards than professional fighters? Just admit you worship celebrities. You can nitpick my technique all you want. I trained two-three times a week 1 hour, and we certainly did a lot of other stuff than just throw kicks.
I didn't link any clip.

Training only 2-3 times/week for 1 hour is why you aren't improving. When I was a red belt I trained 5X or 6X (two different gyms) per week for minimum 2 hours. I always tried to arrive earlier than everyone and stay until the bitter end. I logged significant additional time on the heavy bag at home. 2-3 times per week at 1 hour is barely "maintenance training".

Importantly, this was old-school 80s TKD (both ITF and WTF sparring was done, with the black belts of that era trained in what was effectively ITF). It was not the McDojo TKD of today, and there was no BJJ or MMA to drain the top talent (I mean, who does TKD now?).

You would have been chewed up and spit out by any red belt of that era.

I kick just as fast, and have a bigger baseball bat. How do you figure that dude still kicks harder? I don't need perfect technique, the mitts catches my kick a third of the way. His greater flexibility doesn’t mean shit on those things.
no you fucking dont lol.... and your skinny pencil legs are not "baseball bats". You are fucking delusional

I was out with a buddy who asked if I could walk through a dark park with him and his sister just out of a sadistic pleasure if somebody would touch us. Instead of taking the street route with lights.. and I agreed to it:D

In retrospect pretty stupid but he got a kick out of it.
you must be an absolute savage... you walked with a buddy... IN THE DARK??

straight killer right here

You can nitpick my technique all you want. I trained two-three times a week 1 hour, and we certainly did a lot of other stuff than just throw kicks.
lol no wonder you are utter shite... try actually committing to the sport, and train more than 2 or 3 hours per week. Nobody can actually improve if they only train 3 hours per week. When I was fighting I was training at least 5 days per week and Id be getting in a good 4(with breaks, naturally) hours PER DAY

The one element about rogan that is most dislikable is how he truly believes he could have been an MMA fighter in his head. In reality he would be completely lost. He is a hobby trainer, nothing more. The only reason he scored so high on that machine is because he wore jeans.

You would have been chewed up and spit out by any red belt of that era.

You write as if the 80s was a golden age... All they did was bang... Technique has gotten much better. And unlike them, I know what a guard is

lol this guy was clearly dropped as a child

Back