Did Tim Sylvia break Randy Couture’s nose at UFC 68?

GuanoApes

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was watching a video on youtube about Randy Couture defeating Sylvia by unanimous decision at UFC 68 in a total one-sided fight.

They showed a pic of Couture though when he was getting post-fight interviewed by Rogan..

Look at his nose..

I watched my old UFC 68 DVD to make sure this was actually from thee Sylvia fight, and indeed it was.

It’s hard to notice, but here are two close-up pics I got of Couture’s schnoz..

Look closely, it might be broken..

(I’m not sure if big Tim did that in the fight, or if Couture possibly got that from sparring beforehand, or what..)

I watched my old UFC 68 DVD to make sure this was actually from thee Sylvia fight, and indeed it was.

It’s hard to notice, but here are two close-up pics I got of Couture’s schnoz..

Look closely, it might be broken..

(I’m not sure if big Tim did that in the fight, or if Couture possibly got that from sparring beforehand, or what..)

Was it like that at the beginning of the fight?
If you have the DVD and just watched it you must have seen the introductions.
It looks pretty crooked before the fight started on the video online but it is pretty low quality.

It looks pretty crooked before the fight started on the video online but it is pretty low quality.

Of those four men in the cover pic, all are blacklisted from UFC now except for buffer.

The trophy head, flat from the forehad to the chin

no, i just asked randy and tim didnt break his nose in that fight.

I’ll post some more pics up, but here are some pics from the UFC 68 DVD pre-fight trash talking scene..

You might have to look closely with the pics, but I could definitely tell on my big-screen TV that Couture’s nose is for sure a littttttle bit crooked and jacked up..

(I’ll post some more pics up in my next post, but Couture had a bump on the side of the bridge of his nose right before he fought Sylvia too..)

But here are some pics below of Couture and Sylvia..

Sylvia’s septum is nice and rather straight, Couture’s nose isssss a little bent/crooked.

Last edited:

Here’s two pics of the bump on thee side of the bridge of Randy’s nose..

(Guess it wasn’t Sylvia who jacked up Couture’s nose then..)

(I wonder whether for sure if his nose was broken or not though..)

I don't even remember his nose bleeding, so I'm gonna guess no, and his nose has probably just been broken once or several times previously.

I don't even remember his nose bleeding, so I'm gonna guess no, and his nose has probably just been broken once or several times previously.
Anderson Silva broke Rich Franklin’s nose at UFC 77.

(I don’t recall Franklin having a bloody nose at UFC 77..)

(I could be wrong.)

(Silva definitely broke Rich Franklin’s nose twice though.)

This was a good, classic fight. Couture brought it and while I was not surprised he won, I was surprised by how dominant his performance was

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back