Did Tim Sylvia break Randy Couture’s nose at UFC 68?

This was a good, classic fight. Couture brought it and while I was not surprised he won, I was surprised by how dominant his performance was
He floored Sylvia with the first punch thrown if i'm not wrong and just dominated from there. Sylvia was in survival mode pretty much.

He beat the hell out of Big Tim and became champ. A broken beak is part of the process.

It also came out afterwards Sylvia was dealing with a significant back injury and the UFC told him he'd be stripped of the belt if he got sugery.
Daaaaamn your brought that back, i didn't remember at all.

Anderson Silva broke Rich Franklin’s nose at UFC 77.

(I don’t recall Franklin having a bloody nose at UFC 77..)

(I could be wrong.)

(Silva definitely broke Rich Franklin’s nose twice though.)

It also came out afterwards Sylvia was dealing with a significant back injury and the UFC told him he'd be stripped of the belt if he got sugery.
"It came out afterward"
You can just say that Sylvia, with his usual tact, claimed it was the case during his post fighting interview in front of the packed pro-Randy crowd <{outtahere}>
He was the original Tito when it came to post-fight cringe
"I fought with a cracked skull!!!11"

But seriously, in his very next fight, big Tim would pick up a sweet victory over the undefeated Brandon "the Truth" Vera, who fought with a broken left hand, and would later et his nose horribly broken by Thiago Silva
10/8/14  Boxer with broken nose Visage, Arts Martiaux Mixtes, Ufc, Thiago Silva, Mma, Cut

so all accounts are balanced in the end.

When it comes to Randy & broken noses, I guess he smashed Gonzaga's with a headbutt in the next fight (to be faAaAair to Couture, it looked 100% accidental)

Good times all around, what a time to be alive and a Randy Couture fan <seniorvolk>

"It came out afterward"
You can just say that Sylvia, with his usual tact, claimed it was the case during his post fighting interview in front of the packed pro-Randy crowd <{outtahere}>
He was the original Tito when it came to post-fight cringe
"I fought with a cracked skull!!!11"

But seriously, in his very next fight, big Tim would pick up a sweet victory over the undefeated Brandon "the Truth" Vera, who fought with a broken left hand, and would later et his nose horribly broken by Thiago Silva
10/8/14  Boxer with broken nose Visage, Arts Martiaux Mixtes, Ufc, Thiago Silva, Mma, Cut

so all accounts are balanced in the end.

When it comes to Randy & broken noses, I guess he smashed Gonzaga's with a headbutt in the next fight (to be faAaAair to Couture, it looked 100% accidental)

Good times all around, what a time to be alive and a Randy Couture fan <seniorvolk>
1QQb.gif

Holy hell the size difference!!!

Freaking hilarious, after Tim gets cracked by Couture he goes with his standup game when fighting Ray Mercer -

genius, maybe should have talked to Kimbo Slice.

Last edited:
Back