Did YouTube increase ads recently?

I had to change my ad blocker recently because they figured out how to get around the one I had been using previously

luckily mine updated and started working again but for about two weeks YouTube was unwatchable

I like watching YouTube on the living room TV, but I don't know if any way to block ads on a fireTV stick.

They did sorta, it used to be anything under a 10min duration could only get 1 ad (that's why there's a ton of 10min videos), they reduced it to 8min recently.

My favorite is trying to watch a 2 minute video that suddenly gets interrupted by a 3 minute ad
And that's my gripe. Look when they put movies on there like The Terminator and run ads on it that's fine but fairly short vid and have ads in-between that's annoying if it was before the vid started that's a different story.

This why I prefer downloading videos of my favorite channels, than watching it YouTube.

Hope all the great channels there leave YouTube for other platforms.

I'm too adblocked to understand this problem.

On one of my smart TV's I almost exclusively watch YouTube videos on an unsigned in account and for the past couple weeks I've noticed an increase in ads. Anybody else notice the same?

Get a HTPC with a browser running adblock. No ads FTW.

Youtube is basically unwatchable from my phone with constant ads. I found out you can scroll to the end of the video then hit replay and it plays the video without the ads.
i got a phone one that works great for android, but it's not exactly like regular youtube, you can't minimize the screen size but it blocks ads really good. Free Adblocker Browser, which sounds like a generic name but it works on the phone.

i had google adblocker and it worked but they started trying to charge me, so now i have a different one adblock for youtube

No ads at all using the brave browser on my phone but haven't been able to find a solution for using a firestick on my TV.

I also recommend the Brave browser for mobile. You have to deal with crypto bullshit, and it’s ugly as hell, but you don’t see ads on YouTube or any site for that matter.
Yeah I use this and just cast it to the tv.
The amount of ads through the Roku app got unfuckingbearable. Like 4 or 5 times the amount of what I was getting on the phone.
I dont get that many on my tablet though for some reason.

Can anyone recommend a good YouTube alternative? I can't take the ads anymore.

I've paid for YouTube premium since 2017. It's worth it, for me. I don't need Spotify or any of the other music apps, bc I can find pretty much anything I want on YouTube, and I can lock my phone and everything still plays. I can make playlists of everything I want to listen to and lock my phone and let it ride.

Of course, this doesn't help for watching anything on a TV, so, sucks for all of you lol. Since I really subscribe for the music, anything I watch on a TV is ad free as well, and that's a bonus. YouTube with ads is something I forgot about a long time ago.

Back