Diego Sanchez gives verbal statement on IG Live (cliffs provided)

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Thanks TS. Diego should have been done fighting years ago, and probably does have fighting related CTE. !9-0 at one point in his career. The dude is a warrior and even if he is crazy, I hate to see things end in a negative way for a guy who has sacrificed so much for our entertainment.

This kinda reminds me of the Mark Hunt case where Hunt was having nasty side effects from taking punches to the head and UFC cut him because Hunt family was going to sue.

It was that interview where Hunt was talking about his nightmares and constantly waking up late night.

The brass sound like complete scumbags. How can anybody say with confidence that they received no injuries directly related to combat sports? How ridiculous to even entertain that wording of a waver. Really shady. "You cannot hold us responsible" would be much better than "you received no injuries".

honestly after all is said and done I think I would train under fabio too

Yeah, the UFC was doing a good job of CYA before that, then they fucking throw that out. Just peak mma

That's good, but let's not pretend the UFC did that out of charity.

You're mostly right here, but the UFC clearly has some medical records records Diego. How/if he gets access to that stuff is anyone's guess.
The UFC is shady and tightly nit with the NSAC so unofficially they likely know a lot, but OFFICIALLY they can't know anything, thats how the HIPAA Privacy Rule works in the U.S. ( I've gone through a little of this with my job.)
They can only know if the NSAC has cleared him to fight prior to the bout. Diego gets the medical records either from the NSAC or from the actual medical provider that performed the test (hospital,clinic,) but again the ufc doesnt control that.
It seems that this was an innocent request since Fabia doesn't know these things and just went barking up the wrong tree, but again, the lawyers can't ignore this, so the ufc had to go this route.

The UFC is shady and tightly nit with the NSAC so unofficially they likely know a lot, but OFFICIALLY they can't know anything, thats how the HIPAA Privacy Rule works in the U.S. ( I've gone through a little of this with my job.)
They can only know if the NSAC has cleared him to fight prior to the bout. Diego gets the medical records either from the NSAC or from the actual medical provider that performed the test (hospital,clinic,) but again the ufc doesnt control that.
It seems that this was an innocent request since Fabia doesn't know these things and just went barking up the wrong tree, but again, the lawyers can't ignore this, so the ufc had to go this route.
I wouldn't say any party is innocent, including Fabia. Having said that, you are right about ACs, plus the UFC has done medical exams on Diego and have those records (Fight Island, plus PI stuff if Diego used it).

Iole said he had an hour covo with diego, i read the article but please share a link to the actual audio

It's baffling to me how anyone can watch that video and conclude Diego got fucked over by anyone other than the slimy bag of shit finishing his sentences for him behind the camera. Yeah the UFC is going to try to cover their ass. When you make unsubstantiated claims about neurological issues and still expect the UFC to let you keep fighting under their banner then you are a delusional idiot.

Nobody was forcing Diego to sign the waiver or make medical claims that magically didn't show up in his tests. The UFC didn't 'take the fight away from' Diego, he did that with the help of his 'manager'.

Back