Different ways to go from the bottom to the top position

[QUOTE="dudeguyman, post: 137264859, member: 535949<Huh2>
yes, that doesn't doesn't mean i've learned everything from my style yet. I've just recently started again after a two year hiatus. whats with all the hostility for asking for some knowledge?
and i'm not a judoka, i'm a jujitsuka.[/QUOTE]

What is kosen jiu jitsu? Kosen judo is judo with a lot of focus in newaza... basic reversals though should be part of every style of jiu jitsu... if you haven’t learn them, And you are training at some sort of jiu jitsu school, your instructor should be able to teach you that, if he does not, then you are in a McDojo school...

Do you in case train here?

http://combat-jujitsu.com/cjj/kosen.html

[QUOTE="dudeguyman, post: 137264859, member: 535949<Huh2>
yes, that doesn't doesn't mean i've learned everything from my style yet. I've just recently started again after a two year hiatus. whats with all the hostility for asking for some knowledge?
and i'm not a judoka, i'm a jujitsuka.

What is kosen jiu jitsu? Kosen judo is judo with a lot of focus in newaza... basic reversals though should be part of every style of jiu jitsu... if you haven’t learn them, And you are training at some sort of jiu jitsu school, your instructor should be able to teach you that, if he does not, then you are in a McDojo school...

http://combat-jujitsu.com/cjj/kosen.html[/QUOTE]
Yeah, i do.

http://combat-jujitsu.com/cjj/kosen.html
Yeah, i do.[/QUOTE]
It basically is kosen judo with karate strikes and standing arm breaks and other street oriented things.

I think Steve is a pretty cool guy. He does karate strikes and doesn't afraid of anything.

stevep.jpeg

Yeah, i do.
It basically is kosen judo with karate strikes and standing arm breaks and other street oriented things.[/QUOTE]

If it’s kosen judo, the how don’t you know how sweep from bottom? Shouldn’t your instructor being able to show you that, it’s as basic as it gets, so is not like should know everything about the art to know how to get out of side control/mount...

The page scrams totally bullshido... it talks about medalling in grappling competitions... it doesn’t name which ones...

It sounds like James paredes has found a new place for paredes jiu jitsu...

It basically is kosen judo with karate strikes and standing arm breaks and other street oriented things.

If it’s kosen judo, the how don’t you know how sweep from bottom? Shouldn’t your instructor being able to show you that, it’s as basic as it gets, so is not like should know everything about the art to know how to get out of side control/mount...

The page scrams totally bullshido... it talks about medalling in grappling competitions... it doesn’t name which ones...

It sounds like James paredes has found a new place for paredes jiu jitsu...[/QUOTE]
I accept your opinion, and respectfully disagree.

It sounds like James paredes has found a new place for paredes jiu jitsu...
I accept your opinion, and respectfully disagree.[/QUOTE]

What do you disagree about it? Just curious... I’m not trying to be a dick by the way, I just don’t like paredes jiu jitsu type of instructors... and there’s a whole bunch of them, and most of them look quite the same as kosen jiu jitsu, i might be wrong though..

What do you disagree about it? Just curious?[/QUOTE]
About

What do you disagree about it? Just curious... I’m not trying to be a dick by the way, I just don’t like paredes jiu jitsu type of instructors... and there’s a whole bunch of them, and most of them look quite the same as kosen jiu jitsu, i might be wrong though..[/QUOTE]
I disagree with considering my art or instructor anything less then legitimate. It is not bjj and my instructor does not claim to have any belt in bjj. It is kosen jujitsu. The ground game is solid, mine simply isn't. Its a style designed for fights without rules. it blends standup, ground, grappling, and striking. There are things its missing and Its not perfect, but no one style is. We grapple and spar every class.

I disagree with considering my art or instructor anything less then legitimate. It not bjj and my instructor does not claim to have any belt in bjj. It is kosen jujitsu. The ground game is solid, mine simply isn't. Its a style designed for fights without rules. it blends standup, ground, grappling, and striking. There are things its missing and Its not perfect, but no one style is. We grapple and spar every class.

f you grapple and spar every day, then you come to sherdog and ask a basic first class move on how to get out of side control or mount, then go to say that "you dont know EVERYTHING about the art" as it is some sort of advance move, then im sorry but for people who have been grappling for quite some time that sounds a lot like a bullshido school.

The website has scam alert wrote everywhere....

may you ask your instructor which grappling competitions did they medal? whos the best grappler and what division does he competes? Its ok to be a "SD art", the problem is most bullshido schools hide behind the "SD" crap too deadly for the competitions bullshit.

IF you guys are a SD art and dont care about competitions, then dont publish some crap like "our guys have done very well in grappling comeptitions and MMA fights"... and if you are going to post that in the website, some sort ouf source will be usefull... but as it stands, the website doesnt do any favor to your style to be honest.

About

What do you disagree about it? Just curious... I’m not trying to be a dick by the way, I just don’t like paredes jiu jitsu type of instructors... and there’s a whole bunch of them, and most of them look quite the same as kosen jiu jitsu, i might be wrong though..
I disagree with considering my art or instructor anything less then legitimate. It is not bjj and my instructor does not claim to have any belt in bjj. It is kosen jujitsu. The ground game is solid, mine simply isn't. Its a style designed for fights without rules. it blends standup, ground, grappling, and striking. There are things its missing and Its not perfect, but no one style is. We grapple and spar every class.[/QUOTE]

f you grapple and spar every day, then you come to sherdog and ask a basic first class move on how to get out of side control or mount, then go to say that "you dont know EVERYTHING about the art" as it is some sort of advance move, then im sorry but for people who have been grappling for quite some time that sounds a lot like a bullshido school.

may you ask your instructor which grappling competitions did they medal? whos the best grappler and what division does he competes? Its ok to be a "SD art", the problem is most bullshido schools hide behind the "SD" crap too deadly for the competitions bullshit.

IF you guys are a SD art and dont care about competitions, then dont publish some crap like "our guys have done very well in grappling comeptitions and MMA fights"... and if you are going to post that in the website, some sort ouf source will be usefull... but as it stands, the website doesnt do any favor to your style to be honest.[/QUOTE]
Yes, we have a shitty website. Lots of gyms with nice websites suck. So what. I guarantee if you come roll at my gym with a higher level belt you will believe we are legitimate. I've already eluded to in other threads that if there is anything left to be desired in kosen jujitsu, it would be in the standup side of things anyway. I dont know what else i can say to you. You already have your own opinion and i dont think its gonna change.

Last edited:
Best and easiest way is tap. You get to go back to stand up :D

I disagree with considering my art or instructor anything less then legitimate. It is not bjj and my instructor does not claim to have any belt in bjj. It is kosen jujitsu. The ground game is solid, mine simply isn't. Its a style designed for fights without rules. it blends standup, ground, grappling, and striking. There are things its missing and Its not perfect, but no one style is. We grapple and spar every class.

IF you guys are a SD art and dont care about competitions, then dont publish some crap like "our guys have done very well in grappling comeptitions and MMA fights"... and if you are going to post that in the website, some sort ouf source will be usefull... but as it stands, the website doesnt do any favor to your style to be honest.[/QUOTE]
Yes, we have a shitty website. Lots of gyms with nice websites suck. So what. I guarantee if you come roll at my gym with a higher level belt you will believe we are legitimate. I've already eluded to in other threads that if there is anything left to be desired in kosen jujitsu, it would be in the standup side of things anyway. I dont know what else i can say to you. You already have your own opinion and i dont think its gonna change.[/QUOTE]

ok.

im sorry but for people who have been grappling for quite some time that sounds a lot like a bullshido school.
They train for the streetz, bro. Deadly techniques.

Best part of that video is when Rex Kwon Do is already talking and the camera boy (potentially OP) says "Action!".

Here's me doing it, SET TO FRIKKEN SELENA GOMEZ

Best part of that video is when Rex Kwon Do is already talking and the camera boy (potentially OP) says "Action!".

You guys are douchebags, if you don't want to answer my question then don't continue to contribute to a flood of completely useless, unrelated, unhelpful responses. I'm on this forum to share knowledge with martial artists from around the world. If you are just going to come on here, disrespect me, my style, and my instructor, then you can go fuck yourselves. I'm generally very respectful, open minded and kind. do not disrepect my instructor or me.

In the event you are serious-

Anything on this channel will serve you well-

Roy Dean will also give you a decent start-
- side control escapes
- Mount escapes

I have some sympathy for OP here. He went to find a martial arts school. And that's the place he found. He's got a coach he likes and training partners and they're all doing their thing having a good time. Then one day strangers on the internet say his school isn't legit. Like of course he's not going to buy that and just quit his school tomorrow. Give the guy a break a little bit. He's got some solid videos to looks at, let the techniques speak for themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back